A classic example: "Pizza Delivery." After going through hell and back trying to deliver pizza to the customer, the customer demands his drink, which he didn't even order in the first place!. Spongebob then goes all-Woobie and sobs miserably, while Squidward, who we all know is a JerkAss through and through, takes the box and marches right up to the customer. This exchange occurs:
Tom: Another one? Look, I told your little friend I ain't paying for that!
SpongeBob: *sniveling* Did he change his mind?
Squidward: He sure did. Ate the whole thing in one bite.
SpongeBob: *stops crying* No drink?
Squidward: Nah. Now take me home.
In "F.U.N," Spongebob trying to be Plankton's friend by attempting to give him a pep talk, then spending a whole day playing with him and doing fun things together. All because Sponge is such a nice dude.
- Squidward saving Spongebob from getting hit by a truck.
- Spongebob's sheer dedication to getting the pizza to the customer. He really cares about making customers happy. He even says "Congratulations!" when he delivers it.
Plankton: (sobbing) You don't know what it's like to be a loser!
Spongebob: (patting him on the back) Awww, cheer up, Plankton. I think you're a winner.
- Spongebob has a ton of Simple-Minded Wisdom moments, including the classic "Fun Song" courtesy of writer/storyboard artist Sherm Cohen, and this line:
- Really, the whole episode, considering that the plot is just Spongebob trying to be friends with Plankton.
Spongebob: Fun is when you... it's kind of like a... sort of like a... what is fun? Here- let me spell it out for you! (singing) "F" is for friends who do stuff together! "U" is for you and me! "N" is for anywhere at any time at all, down here in the deep blue sea!
Spongebob: Plankton! Here, let me show you. (singing) F is for friends who do stuff-
Plankton!: Never! That's completely idiotic.
Spongebob: Here, let me help! (holding Plankton, making him dance) F is for friends who do stuff together, U is for you and me, TRY IT!
Plankton: (singing) N is for anywhere at any time at all!
Chorus: Down here in the deep blue sea!
Plankton: I don't understand. I feel all... tingly inside.... Can we stop?
Spongebob: No, that's how you're supposed to feel!
Plankton: Well I like it! Let's do it again!
F is for frolic through all the flowers, U is for ukulele, N is for nosepicking
, chewing gum and sandlicking, here with my best buddy! Hahahahahahahaha!
Spongebob: I bet if he had just one friend, he wouldn't be such a meanie.
In "Fools in April," Spongebob fools Gary into thinking that they're becoming peasants and have to eat clam shells. Gary starts crying, and Spongebob says, "April fools! Here you go, pal!" as he gives back Gary's food bowl.
- When Squidward is upset by the prank Sponge pulled on him, Spongebob apologizes and tells him that he'll leave alone, because "there's plenty of other willing participants."
- Squidward apologizing for being an ass, and saying, with heart-wrenching sincerity, that he likes Spongebob and everything about him:
Squidward: All right, all right! I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I admit it, I'm sorry! I didn't mean to hurt you, in fact, I like you! I like living next door, I like your foghorn alarm in the morning and your high-pitched giggling at night!
Spongebob: What would we do without Squidward?