Funny: Digimon Adventure
- LadyDevimon and Angewomon's until then violent Designated Girl Fight became hilarious once they started slapping each other. Tai(Taichi), Izzy(Koushirou) and Kari's (Hikari) reaction amped up the hilarity even more.
Taich: Wow, how scary!
Koushirou: Women are indeed dangerous once they're upset...
Hikari: Don't let her beat you! Hit her! Hit her harder, harder, HARDER!
- Izzy's dub line in this scene is even funnier.
- Kari's reaction was pure hilarity...normally an OOC moment can be jarring, but from the usually sweet and soft spoken Kari...it was comedic gold.
Lady-Devimon: Arrgh! You broke it!
- And Lady-Devimon attempts to stab Angewomon with her Black Poison only for Mega Kabuterimon to get between them...and cause Lady-Devimon's needle (which is her hand) to snap right off.
Mega Kabuterimon: Aw, send me the bill.
- And when Angewomon recovered, she angrily told him to back off because the fight is hers alone. Hikari/Kari isn't the only one who is that into the battle.
- When Mimi refuses to sing karaoke to awaken ShogunGeckomon, Tai tries singing himself, followed by Joe and a duet by Agumon and Gomamon. In the Japanese version, where Mimi sings the ending song, everyone tries to sing the same song, but are horribly off key and mess up the lyrics that the only thing funnier may be the other characters' reactions.
Joe: [singing monotone] I am attempting to sing a song, a song that will awaken you and aid all the Geckomon who are loyal to your worldview and the idea of you being in charge!
- In the dub,
- Tai, Joe and their Digimon then secretly plan to record Mimi's voice. When Mimi finds out, she screams as loud as she can into the microphone. The look on Tai's face is priceless!
- Tentomon accidentally reveals he's not a stuffed animal in front of Izzy's parents. Naturally they freak when they hear him talking... and Izzy's mom faints. The look on Izzy's face during this whole event is what just makes this scene so perfect!
- He was like, "Oops! Well, now that you know I can talk..."
- In one episode the Digidestined are in an old abandoned house, when Agumon gets a Potty Emergency. He claims that the only reason he went to the bathroom is that because he wanted to "protect" Tai, but he didn't say why he was in a stall. But the Japanese version is just hilarious, not to mention you hear him farting and Ogremon, who is hiding out in another stall bursts out and yells, "That's a bad smell! You make me mad!"
Newscaster: It certainly does appear to be showing two monsters, but are these creatures really monsters? We're quite interested to know if they're related to the giant elephant and fire bird that rampaged Hikarigaoka. And now for sports!
- The baby pulling on Yokomon's petal in the train, Yokomon so fed up with the brat pulling on her, finally screams at the kid to let her go. Forgetting she's suppose to be a stuffed doll. The train goes dead silent. The looks on our 7 heroes faces...just brilliant.
- From episode 31:
- When the kids are trying to hitchhike to Odaiba, Matt gives it a shot and a woman in a sports car pulls up and wants him to get in. And the faces!
Tai: Why'd you refuse?!
Matt: (Embarassed) We couldn't all fit in the car!!!
Taxi Driver: You kids want a cab?
- Izzy and Joe trying their luck at hailing a cab:
Izzy and Joe: Yeah.
Taxi Driver: Ya got any money?
Izzy and Joe: No.
[taxi drives off]
- The kids all chilling at Devimon's illusion mansion, (yes another bath scene), the boys and their digimon are on one side, the girls on the other. The girls have a relaxing time, until they realize Gomamon is with them on their side. Naturally, the girls get ticked and Palmon whips him over to the other side with the boys all wondering where the HELL he came from!
- At the final battle, when they all get their gusto and find the power within (over clips taken from important scenes between each kid and their respective Digimon partner), when it's Gabumon's turn to reminisce...
Gabumon: As for you Matt...
Matt: You don't have to say anything... I know.
Gabumon: There was that time when-
Matt: Yeah that's right, I remember.
Gabumon: And then you and I-
Matt: I know.
Gabumon: Remember when we-?
Matt: Didn't you hear me? I said you don't have to say anything.
- Anytime a Numemon, or when Sukamon and Chuumon hit on Mimi... expect this.
- Episode 44 has MetalGreymon's Giga Destroyer (a giant missile) against a Garbagemon, who counters with his Poop Bazooka (Exactly What It Says on the Tin). The doink that happens when they collide just seals the deal.
- Mimi catching one of their projectiles in mid-air, and throwing it back. The look on their and Puppetmon's faces is priceless.
- During Episode 11, Gomamon and Piyomon manage to trick a dumb Bakemon guard (they know he's dumb because, according to Gomamon, Digimon who blow "Snot Bubbles" are easily tricked), into letting them go by demanding he start torturing them.
Bakemon: "You guys are weird Digimon."
- During the Final Battle, Lillymon tosses Mimi into the air so she has her hands free to use Flower Cannon.
Lillymon: Hang on!
Mimi: Hang on for wha—[gets thrown] AAAAHHH!
[Lillymon launches her attack, then catches Mimi]
Mimi: Next time, Lillymon, can you use someone else as a boomerang?
Lillymon: Sorry, but I wanted to make sure you came back to me!
- This was dubbed by Saban Entertainment, who dubbed Samurai Pizza Cats, so it's no wonder that some of the English jokes came off as clever and funny.
- Basically the entire movie was full of Rapid-Fire Comedy. At one point, Tai and Izzy leave their computers, and when they get back, Tai's cat walks away from it, as the computer says "Thank you for visiting meow! dot com".
Izzy: I'm... about... to barf!
- Just after the battle with Diaboromon.
Tai: Wait till you try the cake.
Tentamon: Does this information super highway have a rest stop? I have to go!
- During a scene that Izzy is away from the room, Tai gets frustrated at the losing battle against Diablomon and hits the computer, causing it to blue screen. Cue epic Oh, Crap face.
- When Agumon and Tentomon are racing to deal with Infernamon, this hilarious exchange occurs:
Agumon: [clearly annoyed] You should've gone before you left! JUST HOLD IT!
Agumon: (whispering) Let's sneak up quietly and take him out.
- Soon after this happens:
Tentamon: (as loudly as physically possible) SUPER SHOCKER!!
Agumon: That was quietly!?
"Did you see that?!"
- in the prequel part of the movie, a giant Agumon dodges a speeding truck, leading to this exchange
"No, I was sleepin'."
"BUT YOU'RE DRIVING!'"
- The rebellious Numemon getting Nanimon drunk on soda. Granted, in the original, he did get drunk on beer, but the dub is so blatantly Frothy Mugs of Water that it's borderline Getting Crap Past the Radar.
- In episode 49, the Digimon don't have enough energy to digivolve. Seeing them in the digivolution scene as nothing happens is funny enough, but the dialogue makes it hilarious.
Tentomon: Tentomon digivolve to... Kabu - never mind...
Agumon: Agumon digivolve to... Greymon! [beat] Greymon!
[cut to Agumon, very much untransformed, flailing his arms around]
Agumon: Greymon! Yeah, I'm Greymon! I'm big and I'm bad and I'm–
- Phantomon's reaction to an oncoming angry Birdramon.
Phantomon: Oh, it's just a bird. ...A large bird, I grant you. A large, angry bird- AHH!
- Myotismon's assertion that "Dreams do not exist for the stupid!" is hilariously audacious.
- The dubbed version of when they're trying to call their parents using Digital World phone booths.
Matt: What planet did I dial?
- The dub sneaks in some hilarious puns while they're in the normal world, all delivered as background events or from random bystanders.
- As Mammothmon is raging through traffic, a man in a car comments "Wow, if that's a car he must have a lot of trunk space."
- Another is a single line delivered on the news before they switch to covering the monster attacks: "The horses' condition has been reported to be stable."
- When the Numemon pop out of the vending machines and chase after the children, Sora is left standing pointing at them with a hilarious mix of Oh, Crap and not having a clue what's going on expression. Also in the dub her delivery of "how did they get here?" is brilliant, with some added hilarity of her standing stock still as Mimi zooms past her screaming "Who cares? Run!"
Mimi: This isn't funny! I'm being chased by a giant stuffed bear!
- From the same episode, Mimi's hilarious delivery as she is being chased by Monzaemon lampshading how ridiculous the situation is:
- Mimi gets carried off by a group of Pagumon. Tai and Izzy rush into the building looking for her and assume she is in the room ahead. Sora is behind them and, seeing Mimi's dress lying around, warns them not to go in. Naturally Tai and Izzy walk in on Mimi in the bath and get bottles thrown at their heads.
- When Etemon's Dark Music causes Greymon and Garurumon to de-Digivolve, Tentomon asks...
Tentomon: Does rock and roll have that effect in your world?
Sora: Only on our parents.
- When Puppetmon makes the kids teleport randomly around his forest by messing with dolls in their likenesses. This stands out in particular.
Tai: *teleports to where Joe was*
Kari: Oh brother.
- MetalEtemon's fight with Puppetmon.
MetalEtemon: Hey, where ya goin'?
Puppetmon: Home. You're lousy at name-calling!
MetalEtemon: Oh, yeah? Well, I'm metal and you're wood! Whatever you say bounces offa me and splits you in half!
- Apocalymon's first words to the Digidestined. As the camera is panning over him and giving us a look at the tubes coming out of his body - one red, one blueish - he declares:
- "I AM THE ULTIMATE EVIL, COMPLETE WITH HOT AND COLD RUNNING WATER."
- Apocalymon ending his "Do you think it's fair" speech with "Why do all of you get the pizza while I get the crust?" was hilarious. The dramatic delivery just really sealed that. Apocalymon actually had a lot of hilarious moments.
- And then Mimi's "Ah! I can't take all these metaphors!" right afterward.
- A small one from episode 40, Enter the Dark Masters: The 8 Digimon are trying to fight Piedmon, Puppetmon, Machinedramon and MetalSeadramon. At one point Angewomon is knocked out of the air by an attack. Little Kari runs underneath to try and catch her (apparently forgetting she's not a cat anymore), but Angewomon is so big she just ends up crashing into Kari and knocking her down. Even funnier when it just goes straight back to the action.
- Episode 40: Gomamon and Palmon are the only ones in rookie form when Joe almost falls off a cliff and something starts rustling in the bushes. They all rush forward prepared to fight and/or help Joe. All the in-trainees overtake Gomamon, digivolving as they do so. Except Palmon, who enters in the same manner as the others but then randomly trips over her own feet, as if she forgot she was already a rookie.
- The goodbye scene in the last episode was peppered with funny moments, which somehow made it even more of a tearjerker: Izzy tells Tentomon he loves him, which makes him fall over in shock and turn the windshield wipers on in the truck they're sitting in. Then Tentomon explains why he's surprised—since Izzy doesn't show emotion too often. Then he asks a favor: "Would you PLEASE turn off those windshield wipers!!" Izzy agrees and hugs Tentomon, which makes him start gagging. "Ack—you're choking me!"
- Mimi becomes upset with Izzy over his ignoring her while he is wrapped up in trying to work out a puzzle in the ruins they are in, and starts to cry loudly. Palmon is standing beside, turns to look at Mimi for a moment, then randomly begins to cry loudly in the same manner. While she is upset herself, the way she imitates Mimi is hilarious.
- The Digi Bloop That? segments but these stand out:
Myotismon: Behold my power! (nothing happens) Okay, where's my power?
Myotismon: Behold my power! (screen goes black) Okay, who turned off the power?
Izzy: Hey, listen, Kabusha Kabu-kabu-gabba-daba Ugh, can we just call him Bob?
Joe: Okay, everyone, it's time to diggyvolve!
Sora: The word is "digivolve", not "diggyvolve".
Mimi: I can get diggy with it!
Mimi: That's uh (burps) Oh!
Everyone Else: Eww!
Tai: These gross sounds were brought to you by Princess Cow Breath!
* In the episode Piedmon's Last Jest, Otamamon and Geckomon. When Mimi shows up with the digimon allies, you see powerhouses like Ogremon, Frigimon, Meramon and Andromon do the classic intimidation stance, with the comparatively tiny Otamamon and Geckomon doing it as well (as admirable as it was for them to even try and fight), and their only contribution to the fight is being chased off-screen by a group of Vilemon, only for the vilemon to get sent running by badasses Frigimon, Meramon and Andromon. While Izzy, Joe, and their partners just stand in the background watching.