Shout Out: Digimon Adventure
- Myotismon is a humanoid, suave vampire with a exceedingly bizarre castle, legions of dark minions (including a Grim Reaper expy as a lieutenant) and a second, much more monstrous form he assumes after being beaten at first. Sound Familiar?
- Myotismon mentioning "Fire and Ice" by Robert Frost during his takeover of Odaiba
Myotismon: Soon now, not in fire or ice but in fog. This world will soon be mine!
- Our War Game has two kids fighting against a killer digimon against the clock because the said mon, which is essentially a sentient computer program, is planning to fire nukes that it got access to by hacking the military. Even the name gives a clue to a certain 80's movie.
- A large smog-based Digimon rising from the bay and attacking a night club? Sounds rather familiar.
- One dub title is called "Princess Karaoke," a reference to Princess Mononoke''.
- In the English dub, a lot of supporting characters voices are based on celebrities, many from the writers' and producers' childhood.
- WarGreymon's Brave Tornado is one to Combattler V's Choudenji Spin.