, also known as Kakugo no Susume
, is a manga and two-part OVA from The Nineties
. It revolves around two siblings, Kakugo
and Harara, who are given Kamen Rider-esque
suits of Powered Armor
that let them defend post-apocalyptic
Tokyo from demons and mutants. After Harara succumbs to the evil within the armor, it is up to Kakugo to defeat his sibling.
This is basically the entire plot. Yes, it's that banal. The series' appeal comes from the ridiculous array of baddies it features, starting with a gigantic naked woman
named Beauty and a homosexual leprechaun Idol Singer
, and most likely getting far weirder.
- After the End
- Badass - Pretty much everyone who fights. There are exceptions, however... see Camp Gay.
- Bears Are Bad News - See Crowning Moment of Awesome.
- Cain and Abel - Kakugo and Harara.
- Camp Gay - Horie's boyfriend, or so he would like to think, is an incredibly flamboyant... creature that wears biker clothes and speaks with a girl's voice. He punches our hero a few times for no reason.
- There's also the giant blue leprechaun who dresses like a member of the Village People.
- Fan Disservice - Any time someone appears naked, it'll be Squicky.
- Gorn - Dear god. Apocalypse Zero has been called the most vile anime ever made, and not without very good reason. The very first bit after the titles has a woman being killed via vomiting her guts all over her boyfriend.
- And the kicker? The anime is actually tamer than the manga.