is a 2010 vampire film about a small group of survivors trying to survive and avoid feral vampires and a twisted cult in a post-apocalyptic world, fighting their way to what they hope to be a safe zone in Quebec, or "New Eden".
The film got generally positive reviews but had a limited release and so did not make much money.
- After the End
- A God Am I: When Jebediah becomes a sentient/sapient vampire, he views himself as a vengeful god.
- Badass Normal: Mister is just a normal human but he has killed a lot of vampires and is an experienced hunter.
- Badass Longcoat
- Big Bad: Jebediah Loven
- Better to Die Than Be Killed: Sister shoots herself rather than be eaten by vampires.
- Blessed with Suck: Vampires are very powerful, and only staking, sunlight, and severing their spine can kill them. However, they are very feral and have no human thoughts anymore, thus making becoming a vampire a Fate Worse Than Death and a guarantee to make one crazy and bloodthirsty. Only Jebediah manages to retain his "humanity", but it is unclear if he is a full vampire or still turning, and he was already insane to start with.
- Canada, Eh?: Canada, or New Eden, is a refuge from the vampires due to its cold weather.
- Cult: The Brotherhood, which views the vampires as the work of God.
- Death from Above: The Brotherhood flies helicopters over towns, dropping vampires into them in order to destroy them.
- Evil Sounds Deep: Jebediah as a vampire.
- Faux Affably Evil: Jebediah Loven
- From Nobody to Nightmare: Possibly Jebediah Loven.
- Infant Immortality: Subverted in the first ten minutes, in which we see a vampire finishing drying Martin's baby sibling of blood.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Mister, who is tough and stoic but genuinely cares about Martin.
- Knight in Sour Armor: Mister
- Knight Templar: Jebediah Loven
- Morality Pet: Martin to Mister not that Mister is a bad guy.
- Nice Guy: Martin
- No Name Given: Mister.
- New York State: The second half of the film takes place here.
- Our Vampires Are Different: Vampires are tough, but feral, and have lost most of their intelligence.
- Right Wing Militia Fanatic: The Brotherhood is implied to be white supremacist on top of their cultish behaviors, judging by how Jebediah describes Sister as being of "pure stock" and their references to being "Aryan" on their radio broadcast.
- The Unreveal: It is never clear whether New Eden is in fact a place of safety or full of cannibals like it is rumored to be.
- Zombie Advocate: Sister.
- Zombie Apocalypse: Not zombies per se, but the vampires here mostly behave like zombies.