Boy Eats Girl is a 2005 Irish comedic zombie film directed by Stephen Bradley, starring David Leon and Samantha Mumba.Nathan (Leon) is a teenager secretly in love with the beautiful Jessica (Mumba). When it seems like she has hooked with his worst enemy, the local school bully, he decides to use some whiskey saved for the school dance to get drunk. While under the influence he becomes fascinated with a noose that's hanging a stuffed bear in his room. He drunkenly plays around with the noose around his neck while standing on a chair. Unfortunately his mother walks in at the wrong moment, accidently knocks over the chair he was standing on and Nathan ends up dead.All is not lost though: Nathan's mother has come into possession of a book of voodoo rituals and brings Nathan back to life... sort of. He's mentally normal but filled with a craving for
This film contains examples of:
- Action Girl: Jessica shows shades of this later into the film.
- Bloody Hilarious: Zombies vs. combine harvester. The winner: the audience.
- Dull Surprise: Several characters. Of note is one guy in receipt of a blowjob, not reacting to the loss of his penis until he sees that the girl fellating him has a bloody mouth. Since several actors in this film were in Fair City, this is hardly a surprise.
- Dumb Blonde: "Listen, why don't we stay here 'till dawn. Doesn't sunlight kill them?" "That's vampires." "THERE'S VAMPIRES TOO?!" "Shh!/Shut up! I'll eat you myself!"
- Five-Man Band: Nathan- The Hero. Jessica-The Lancer. Diggs-The Big Guy. Henry-The Smart Guy. Cheryl-The Chick.
- Gorn: See the entry for Bloody Hilarious above.
- Jerk Jock: Samson. Unsurprisingly, he's the first victim.
- My God, What Have I Done?: When Nathan realizes what's happening.
- Non-Actor Vehicle: Pop singer Samatha Mumba plays the female lead.
- Our Zombies Are Different: A mash-up of Types V and F. Nathan himself is also Type R.
- Police Are Useless: Nathan tries to turn himself in for murdering Samson. The cop tells him to get lost.
- Resurrected Romance
- Shower Scene
- Those Two Guys: Henry and Diggs.
- Use Your Head: When confronted by a zombified member of her Girl Posse, the resident Alpha Bitch surprisingly headbutts her undead friend and escapes.
- Visual Innuendo: When Jessica drops her flashlight... well...
- Zombie Apocalypse