TV Tropes Needs Your Help
View Kickstarter Project
Big things are happening on TV Tropes! New admins, new designs, fewer ads, mobile versions, beta testing opportunities, thematic discovery engine, fun trope tools and toys, and much more - Learn how to help here
and discuss here
Fanfic: Yukaris Offer
is a Touhou
fanfic by Metroid Life
of Fanfiction.net. The story starts when Chen destroys Yukari's kitchen, despite Ran's attempts to stop her, leading Yukari to seek out a new Shikigami
to keep an eye on her. She ends up with three
, and Shannon
. After this, Yukari thinks that everything will go back to normal
, but soon she finds out about a new incident
caused by Tenshi and her mysterious helper
You can find it here
Yukari's Offer provides examples of the following tropes:
- A Fate Worse Than Death: Yukari's father, as well as Issui no Yume.
- Affably Evil: The Voice may be planning to take over Gensokyo, but she's genuinely pleasant to her followers and keeps the deals she makes.
- A God Am I: Aside from actual gods, The Voice claims to be one at one point, but it's most likely another lie.
- An Ice Person: Mai and Cirno.
- Animate Inanimate Object: Suwako's hat
- Artifact Title: The story starts with Yukari's offer, then goes on from there with a mostly unrelated incident.
- Artificial Human: Para and Chelri.
- Beam-O-War: Subverted, instead of beam on beam, Tenshi fired a beam, and Sariel just charged at her trying to break through it.
- Big Bad: The Voice.
- Big Good: Yukari.
- Blatant Lies: Almost anything The Voice tells anyone is a complete lie, though she tends to be more truthful to Tenshi.
- Blood Knight: Yuuka, though she can be nice when she decides not to kill her guests.
- Body Horror: Elis's final spell card involves her wings ripping open. Also, Issui's third eye may count.
- Blue and Orange Morality: Yuuka sees both humans and youkai as insignificant, but flowers as her own children.
- Cat Girl: Chen and Rin.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Shinki and Yuyuko are both like this.
- Cool and Unusual Punishment: Shinki subjects Meiling to horrible torture by... putting her in a room with a bunch of Yukkuris.
- Creating Life: Shinki created all of her children via magic, and she apparently wrote a book on the subject. Alice also wants to bring her dolls to life. She succeeds.
- Demonic Possession: The Silent Goddess to Issui No Yume.
- Depower: The Silent Goddess used to have a Compelling Voice, but her voice was removed when she tried to Take Over the World.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Tenshi killed Daiyousei, who promptly came back to live, since she's a fairy. She then made a army of every fairy in Gensokyo to invade Heaven in revenge.
- Dream Land: Mugenkan. Elly and Yukka can also visit actual dreams from there.
- Eldritch Abomination: Yukari's father.
- Enthralling Siren: Mystia's singing can be... compelling.
- Enemy Mine: Meira hates all youkai, but she's perfectly willing to work with Shinki, The Voice, The Silent Goddess or anyone else if she thinks it will help her plans.
- Emotion Suppression: In a very odd example, Suwako seems to have placed all her negative emotions into her hat, making her happy all the time and bringing the hat to life. The worst expression she's shown was a blank expression, while the hat, in contrast, tried to rip someone's face off.
- Even Evil Has Standards: The Voice outright says this to The Silent Goddess, disgusted by some of her actions.
- Evil Knockoff: Meira has the same abilities as Reimu, right down to having "dark" versions of her spellcards. At least, until she pulls out her sword. When Sakuya points this out, Meira decides to fight seriously.
- Faking the Dead: Remilia and her friends pull this on The Voice thanks to Sakuya, and Tenshi later does so on the Celestials.
- Fantastic Racism: Meira, violently so against Youkai.
- Freudian Trio: Chelsea is Id, Andy is Ego, Shannon is Superego.
- Genre Savvy: Andy is a very big fan of Touhou, and knows what to expect from the people of Gensokyo. More or less.
- Gravity Master: One of The Voice's spell cards pins people to the ground via gravity.
- Healing Factor: Meira, thanks to The Silent Goddess.
- Heroic Safe Mode: Issui no Yume is constantly in this.
- Huntingthe Most Dangerous Game: Yuuka tends to hunt down her guests when they visit her, though she lets them live if they was entertaining enough.
- I'm a Humanitarian: Mystia, at least until she meets Andy.
- Impaledwith Extreme Prejudice: Meira does this to Sakuya... only to be stabbed in the back by dozens of flying knifes. They both get better.
- It Amused Me: Why Tenshi went along with The Voice's plan in the first place- she was bored.
- I Let You Win: Yukari's new Shikigami only win most of their fights because their opponent was holding back. Justified, as said opponents are simply testing them.
- Invisibility: The Voice can also make people invisible via magic.
- Knife Nut: Chelsea and Madotsuki carry a knife with them at all times, and Sakuya uses them as danmaku.
- Knowledge Broker: The Voice is not only aware of just about everyone she could use for her plans, she has just the right persuasion(or in some cases, blackmail) to convince them with. Not that it always works...
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall: At one point Andy speculates on the possibly of him being in some kind of story.
- Lethal Chef: Chen being one of these is what starts the story.
- Let's You and Him Fight: Yukari could have stopped The Voice at anytime, but she didn't because she wanted to see her fight Sariel and Elis first.
- Living MacGuffin: Again, Yukari's father.
- Living Lie Detector: All satori can read minds, so this is a given. The Silent Goddess uses Issui No Yume as this, but The Voice manages to get around it anyway.
- Luke, I Am Your Father: The Voice claims to be Flandre's father, but reveals to Tenshi later that she lied.
- Magitek: Rika utilizes both magic and technology in her tanks, though she'll never admit it.
- Mama Bear: Shinki may let her children do most of the fighting, but if you actually hurt them, you'll feel her wrath.
- Marionette Master: Alice, of course.
- Meaningful Name: Issui No Yume means "An empty dream".
- Musical Assassin: While they don't kill, the Prismrivers music is definitely dangerous.
- My Significance Sense Is Tingling: Louise and other magicians in general can sense magic, Meiling and Yukari can both sense energy.
- Nice Hat: It's Touhou, so this is a given, but special mention goes to Suwako's living hat.
- Ominous Pipe Organ: Yukari plays one while Sariel and Elis fight Tenshi. Which really shows how much she cares about the fight...
- One-Winged Angel: Sariel's transformation, possibly.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: The Voice, and later, The Silent Goddess.
- Parasol of Pain: Yukari and Yuuka use their parasols as weapons.
- People Puppets: The Voice used a spell to force Flandre to do whatever she wants. It's not that helpful, though, because Flandre can interpet her orders however she likes.
- Person of Mass Destruction: Flandre.
- Playing with Fire: Patchouli, The Voice, and Yuki all use fire magic. Things also spontanously combust around Shinki when she gets angry.
- Power Gives You Wings: Shinki grows glowing purple wings when she gets serious. Her daughter Elis does the same.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Chelsea is Red, Shannon is Blue.
- Resurrective Immortality: Fairies never stay dead, but due to their poor memories they don't hold grudges. Well, usually...
- Revenge Before Reason: Meira wants to kill all youkai... even though most of them don't eat people anymore, something she completely ignores.
- Sealed Evil in a Can: Yukari's father in Makai, and The Silent Goddess in Former Hell. Mima counts as well, though she isn't stuck in a can so much as around the shrine.
- Secret Identity: It's implied The Voice is hiding her real identity so no one can find her. Yuuka, Yuugi, and Yukari all seem familar with her, however, and she actually told Meira who she is in secret to gain her trust, explaining that:
"I need your help. Besides, you can't use that information against me, and you know it. We'll meet in person eventually, once my plan is finished, and then we both get what we want."
- Shell-Shocked Veteran: Issui No Yume
- Shock and Awe: Iku.
- Shout-Out: Naruto, Portal, Dragon Ball Z Abridged, The Lazer Collection, the list goes on.
- Sinister Scythe: All Shinigami have these. And so does Elly.
- Sinister Surveillance: Yuuka can see your dreams...
- Smug Super: All of the more powerful characters(Yuuka, Shinki) are this to some degree, but Yukari stands out by refusing to do anything about The Voice's plans in Makai until the last minute. Justified in that Yukari is at best amused by The Voice, can stop her at anytime, and doesn't consider her a threat. Until she manages to escape from Makai, that is.
- Song Fic: Characters occasionally break into song, usually Mystia.
- Surveillance Drone: The Voice can send off parts of her spirit to spy on(and talk to) other people.
- Take Over the World: Konngara's original plan, though it didn't work.
- That Liar Lies: As Flandre put it:
Flandre: "You're a liar! A lying liar who lies about lying!"
- The Cameo: Madotsuki.
- The Glomp: Chelsea pulls this on Chen everytime she sees her, to Chen's dismay.
- The Magic Versus Technology War: Rika despises magic, despite using it herself, and fights Patchouli about it.
- The One Guy: There are very few important men in Gensokyo, so they inevitably become this.
- The Speechless: The Silent Goddess, as the name implies, can't speak. At least, not normally...
- The Strategist: Shannon had shades of this early on, but it doesn't really show until she and Chelsea fight the Prismrivers.
- The Voice: Tenshi's manipulative ally is never seen, only speaking through Tenshi's keystone.
- Tome of Eldritch Lore: Alice's book, which she absolutely refuses to open, because when she does...
- The books Shinki gives Patchouli may also count, judging from the names, like The Magic of Creation and Summoning Demonic Hordes For Fun and Terror.
- Wave Motion Gun: Tenshi's Scarlet Weather Rapture, as well as the Master Spark.
- We Can Rule Together: The Voice tries this on Yuuka, but fails utterly.
- What the Hell, Hero?: While they are hardly heroic, The Voice is still surprised that the Celestials are perfectly fine with sacrificing Tenshi.
- Wrench Wench: Rika and Nitori.
- Vampiric Draining: The Voice can drain the life force out of other people.
- Villain Override: Thanks to the Voice's spells, Flandre has to do whatever she says, and while there is room for interpretation, in the end the Voice still controls her every action.
- Villain Team-Up: The Voice seems to be teaming up with The Silent Goddess, but intends to betray her. To a lesser extent, she is also making alliances with various people to take out Reimu, such as Medicine or Rika.
- Voice for the Voiceless: The Silent Goddess forces Issui No Yume and Meira into this role.
- Xanatos Gambit: The Voice seems to have everything under control, and if one aspect of the plan fails, it is more than accomodated for.