Fanfic: Total Alternate Island
Total Alternate Island
is a Total Drama
fanfic by Jason Kreuger Meyers
written as a tribute to the Total Drama Comeback
This is an alternate retelling of Total Drama Island
, but with several additions: six new campers partake in the challenges and four interns assist Chris and Chef in the show. Because of the additions, character interactions and interventions change key events told from canon and are done differently, where certain friendships, conflicts, and relationships are given development. Old challenges and new ones are thrown into the mix to heighten the drama.
This fic has a companion story, Scheming From the Shadows
, told in the POV of Justin on Playa de Losers as he is scheming something by collecting pawns for him to use for the next season from the accumulating eliminated campers.
The main story is complete and a sequel, Total Alternate Action Tour
is in progress. This series has its own wikia page
- Abusive Father: Heather's father is an abusive prick who beats on his own children. At one point, Heather as a child tried baking a surprise birthday cake for her mother, but then gets beaten to within an inch of her life for simply messing up the kitchen. To add to his jerkassery, he took the cake and delivered it to his wife, taking the credit for it. The message from home wasn't heartwarming as the others as Heather's father outright tells her not to bother coming back if she loses.
- Accidental Pervert: Andrew to Heather in the infamous top-rip scene.
- Action Girl: Izzy, and recently Bridgette.
- Angst: Laura goes through this when Sara gets voted off the first time due to Heather switching the votes for being locked in the freezer. She gets better, though, when Sara was among the ones who return back. Cody suffers this as well when Lindsay gets voted off due to an untold rule of Courtney's that she couldn't be voted off on the challenge she returns on (everyone voted for her, which made their votes invalid). He places the blame on Jake, the winner of said challenge, for not making her one of the spots for immunity. Cody gets better, too.
- Affectionate Nickname: Seems to be this eventually in regards to Heather's 'Queenie' nickname from Laura.
- Alpha Bitch: Heather in the beginning of the first fic, but then replaced by Courtney.
- Sadie in Action Tour as her new look had made her quite arrogant and high-maintenance.
- Amusing Injuries: Most characters have their moments, but special mentions go to Courtney, which include: being shot numerously with a paintball gun, being thrown into a barrel of leeches by Andrew, getting electrocuted HARD by Izzy, and getting a HARD haymaker punch to the face by Gwen once she gets forcefully removed from the show for her father's illegal handling of the show.
- The latter was then recorded via sketch by Gwen and Laura. It was then later revealed in the Haut-Campture chapter that Courtney's face was horribly disfigured from the punch to the point everyone laughs at her new mug, much to her anger.
- The Atoner: Heather in the latter half of the story.
- Ax-Crazy: Courtney after Ezekiel spits at her.
- Badass Adorable: Laura becomes this.
- Badass Normal: Andrew. He faced off against a bear, Eva, and even CHEF. Also in the first challenge, he killed a shark when he landed outside the safe-zone of the shark-infested lake.
- Bare Your Midriff: Heather, Lindsay, Izzy, Gwen, Bridgette, Sara, Jessie, Katie, and Sadie(ugh!).
- but now better since Sadie slimmed down during the year break at the start of TAAT.
- Dena joins the ranks.
- Batman Gambit: After Courtney forces her way back into the game, she basically gets away with anything in spite of the rules. In the Endurance challenge, she refused to do the skunk dare and demanded for another as if saying so would allow for it, then Duncan calls her out by calling her a chicken, baiting her to do the dare, and LOSING.
- Bears Are Bad News: A lot.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: Heather and Andrew.
- Berserk Button: NEVER hurt Bridgette or Heather in Andrew's presence.
- Tranquil Fury: Andrew lets his actions speak for him. Courtney spits in Bridgette's face and threatens her. His response? He HURLS Courtney into a barrel of leeches.
- Blackmail: Courtney pulls this on Gwen and Heather to force them into an alliance with her. If they refuse, she'll reveal the news of why Michael, Gwen's brother, was sent to prison, and she'll also call Heather's father on her. She also blackmails Trent to vote himself off or she'll publically ruin Gwen and her family's lives.
- Big Bad: Courtney, without a doubt. In TAAT, Courtney, along with Justin, Jared, and Kelsey.
- Big Brother Instinct: Michael the intern, Gwen's brother, is this to her to the point of being a Papa Wolf. Also Duncan towards Lindsay. Andrew towards Bridgette.
- Big Eater: Owen. Full stop.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Justin as shown in Scheming From the Shadows.
- Break the Cutie: Laura got subjected to these even before coming to the island.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: In the finale of the fic when the eliminated campers are gathered to cheer on their choice of the Final Two. Chris announces to watch the action about to take place in the final challenge, but Izzy casually mentions that they can't because they're a written story. She takes it even further stating that they're all part of an alternate reality and that some of them weren't meant to be in the losers' stands.
- Broken Bird: Gwen's reason for being a Goth. Said reason was also used as leverage for blackmail by Courtney.
- Buried Alive: Gwen's fear to conquer in the fear challenge.
- Chained Heat: The "Trial By Triathlon" challenge is based on this.
- Character Development: Ezekiel gets a lot of this.
- Chaste Hero: Andrew was this at first, believing his teammates should focus on winning the challenges rather than think about relationships. Heather inadvertently ended that.
- Chekhov's Gunman: Duncan when he secretly gets himself eliminated to help put an end to Courtney's tyranny over the show once and for all.
- Closet Geek: Andrew is revealed to be a huge fan of Star Wars. Heather to a lesser extent during the Campers Rising challenge.
- Conscience Makes You Go Back: Heather, in which her conscience takes the voice of her sister Jewel.
- Conspiracy Theorist: Lenny in TAAT is this, believing that "The Man" is out to get him.
- Control Freak: Courtney, again.
- Cool Big Sis: Lindsay's army vet older sister, Paula.
- Corrupt Corporate Executive: Courtney's father, Carter, buys the network in order to get Courtney back into the game, where she acts like a complete Spoiled Brat. Because he is now the new chairman, Courtney had been given so many perks unfair to the other players it's not even funny. He basically bought the network to make sure Courtney wins no problem, lest Chris, Chef, and the Interns suffer his wrath since he controls the paychecks. The corruption IS found out later, though, and Carter is paying DEARLY for it.
- Daddy's Girl: Courtney takes advantage of this to bully her way back onto the game.
- Darker and Edgier: Not always, but scenes like Harold's concussion and the REAL Gregory Fowling showing up and attacking Bridgette, Leshawna, and Mara in their cabin certainly qualify.
- Deadpan Snarker: Noah, obviously. Andrew at times.
- Deal with the Devil: Justin seems to bait people into being his unknowing pawns for next contest in Scheming From the Shadows, but Courtney takes him up on his offer to work with him for the next contest all for the sake of revenge, with little to no concern for the consequences.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: Heather, thanks to Andrew, Jessie, and even Sara and Laura.
- Disappeared Dad: Gwen's father left her and her family when she was three.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Courtney seriously intended to utterly destroy anyone who made so-called "slights" against her to the point that she doesn't care if they die or not. She tried to cripple Ezekiel for his innocent sexist remark that he had long since apologized for, tries to hurt Andrew for calling her a "Chicken in Training", psychologically torment Bridgette for calling her out on her bratty behavior, and others.
- Distracted by the Sexy: Sara to the males and Laura upon her arrival to the island. Lindsay as well. Gwen after being forced into one of Lindsay's bikinis. Heather in the infamous top-rip scene, then her Sexy Walk in the Finale which momentarily stopped Andrew.
- Does Not Like Shoes: Dena walks around barefoot, wearing nothing but anklets on her feet.
- Don't You Dare Pity Me!: Heather doesn't want anyone's pity, stating that it's the worst thing to have. This was after all the remaining campers saw her message from home, which had her dad basically tell her that she's a failure and not to bother returning home if she loses.
- Dumb Blonde: Lindsay and Geoff in some cases.
- Earthy Barefoot Character: Dena.
- Eight Deadly Words: Courtney doesn't care about what happens to anyone else just as long as she wins and her ego fed.
- Embarrassing Nickname: "Chicken in Training" to Courtney and "Queenie" to Heather.
- Entitled Bitch: Courtney expects everyone to follow her orders or protect her despite not showing any respect whatsoever to her teammates.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: Though technically not evil, Heather, even at her worst, showed genuine care for her siblings.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Heather towards Courtney after Courtney brags about how she planned to ruin Gwen and her family's lives anyway over a petty slap. Heather immediately leaves her alliance, not wanting anything more to do with Courtney's plans.
- Also, she is taken aback when Courtney reveals her blackmail of Gwen.
- Although not evil, Jake is a prankster who only pranks people who deserve it. He was disgusted at how Duncan pranked Harold for no reason.
- Everyone Meets Everyone: Done in the beginning of both fics while introducing the new players.
- Everythings Better With Chocolate: You can't stop Owen or Jake from getting to it.
- Inverted with Eva as chocolate IS her fear and with Heather due to a childhood trauma with a dickweed father.
- Everything's Nuttier With Raccoons: The Interns learn this the HARD way. Gwen as well in the animal hunting challenge.
- Fallen Hero: How Leshawna is viewed after the Boney Island Race.
- Fanon Immigrant: Kelsey was originally shown in TDA as a fan of Trent. In TAAT, she shows up as a contestant, who has her eye on Trent, much to the musician's nervousness.
- Freudian Excuse: Gwen from her cold behavior towards Duncan whenever he tried to hit on Leshawna due to an ex-middle school teacher whom Gwen was taken in by, but he turned out to be a crazy Stalker with a Crush who tried to kidnap her to run away together with, until he got thwarted by Gwen's older brother. Leshawna towards Heather due to a death of a friend in the past where a queen bee-type caused her friend to be driven to suicide. Finally Duncan to Harold with the nerd looking like a friend who betrayed him and caused him to be locked up in juvie.
- Friendship Moment
- Full-Frontal Assault: In "Xtreme Torture" by Heather in the mudski challenge. Andrew got himself an eyeful.
- Gainaxing: Sara in the trivia challenge when she gets shocked the first time, the shock causing her to... bounce about. This got the males' attention, including Chris, who had to keep reminding himself that she's only sixteen.
- Gadgeteer Genius: Marcus
- Genki Girl: Izzy obviously, and now Laura.
- Gentle Giant: DJ.
- Give Geeks a Chance: Cody manages to get together with Lindsay.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Kelsey is jealous that Gwen is the girlfriend of Trent.
- Sadie is resentful of Heather being the girlfriend of Andrew despite the fact Andrew never really interacted with Sadie in the first place. In TAAT, Sadie slimmed down to try and get Andrew's attention and possibly claim him for her own.
- Groin Attack: Lindsay kneed Chef TWICE in the crotch for talking down on Cody in the Boot Camp challenge. Harold kicks Chris between the legs as instructed from a dare by Heather in the dare challenge
- Duncan had been kicked in the crotch at least once.
- Hot Teacher: Jessie would technically count as this as it was revealed she once served as a substitute teacher at a high school.
- Hotter and Sexier: Sadie in TAAT who slims down quite a bit because she thought she wasn't attractive before.
- Humiliation Conga: Some, but it all goes to Courtney, who deserves EVERY BIT OF IT.
- Hypocrite: Courtney deadpanned that Tyler has anger issues, causing her teammates to give her dry looks. Andrew comments in the confessional that she's the absolute LAST person to be jabbing at that.
- Insult Friendly Fire: Leshawna called Heather "slutty-dressing" in Sara's presence. She calls out Leshawna if she thought she was a slut as well since she and Heather dress similarly to each other. Leshawna was shocked as it never occurred to her and that she had unknowingly insulted a friend.
- It Amused Me: Chris when he thinks up insane challenges for the contestants to do.
- It's All About Me: Courtney oozes this.
- Jerk Jock: Jared in TAAT is this.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Gwen and Duncan.
- Jerkass: Chris, Chef, Justin, Leshawna, and Courtney.
- Jerkass Realization: Leshawna in the Haut-Campture chapter.
- Just Friends: Andrew and Bridgette. Geoff had a bit of a hard time realizing this, though.
- Kick the Dog: Literally. Courtney, being an arrogant Jerk Sue kicks Wolfo away when he was simply begging for food.
- Kick the Son of a Bitch: Gwen sends Courtney flying into the Boat of Losers with a hard haymaker when she gets forcefully removed from the contest, and Gwen released from her blackmail situation.
- Kung-Fu Kid: Andrew is a martial artist. Also, Harold in sone regard
- Lady and Knight: Jessie and Harold respectively, he even goes as far as to address her as "M'Lady". Played straight with Heather and Andrew respectively, as he vows to fight for her when no one else will.
- Last Minute Hookup: Tyler and Eva, Beth and Noah just before one got voted off. Averted with Heather and Andrew who had a proper set-up.
- Les Yay: Laura and Sara.
- Literal Cliffhanger: In the race of terror challenge, Ezekiel was hanging on for dear life on a tree branch overlooking a cliff over an ocean after his kart crashed.
- Locked in a Freezer: Done to Heather in "If You Can't Take the Heat".
- Loophole Abuse: Chris is fond of these. Although, Harold and Laura used this on HIM to win the first challenge of the Tri-armed Triathlon. Harold does this on Chris AGAIN in the dare challenge.
- Lovable Nerd: Harold and Cody.
- Love Redeems: Guess. It's Heather.
- Love Triangle: Tyler/Lindsay/ Cody. Cody wins out in the end.
- Heather/Andrew/Sadie, maybe...
- Mad Bomber: Not exactly mad, but Jake IS a bomber who specializes in prank bombs.
- Mama Bear: Eva to Ezekiel and Izzy to Laura.
- Manipulative Bastard: Chris and Courtney. Justin is secretly this in Scheming From the Shadows.
- Sadie in Total Alternate Action Tour seems to be falling into this.
- Marshmallow Hell: Lindsay does this to Cody in the first challenge, but he doesn't seem to mind at all, obviously. Happened AGAIN at the start of TAAT when the campers reunited again.
- Meganekko: Jessie.
- Moral Myopia
- Morality Pet: Jake and Ezekiel to Eva.
- More Hero Than Thou: In "Are We There Yeti?", Courtney forces Geoff to act as a decoy to lead Sasquatchinakwa away (she does this mainly to spite Bridgette since Geoff is her boyfriend). Duncan, however, had other ideas and did it himself.
- Ms. Fanservice: Sara seems prominent in this regard.
- Murder the Hypotenuse: POSSIBLY Kelsey in her obsession over Trent.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Heather after seeing Laura's reaction when Sara is eliminated after switching the votes for revenge for the freezer incident.
- Neat Freak: Emily of TAAT always makes sure she's in a clean environment due to her extreme germaphobia.
- Nerd Action Hero: Harold and his mad skillz.
- Nerds Are Sexy: Harold to Jessie.
- Never My Fault: Courtney is quick to blame anything that goes wrong on everybody else, when it is usually HER fault to begin with.
- Nightmare Sequence: Duncan gets one about his past when he was young how he was roped into pulling off an arson by a former friend who resembled Harold, then got sold out to the cops by him, fueling his Freudian Excuse of his unprovoked antagonistic attitude towards Harold. Heather when she thought about what may happen to her siblings who are left with her abusive father.
- Not So Different: Courtney makes this exchange with Heather when the latter forcefully leaves the alliance. Courtney viciously points out that Heather is no different from her and would dare to call her out on her "vengeance". Heather doesn't deny that she was a horrible person, but at least she knew where to draw the line at.
- Jessie in a not-so-subtle manner points out that Leshawna and Courtney acted very much alike (being self-righteous, refusing to believe they could be wrong about something or someone, doing anything to get their enemies voted off no matter who gets caught in the crossfire, and adamantly claiming that people they hate are "tricking everybody else"), much to Leshawna's horror. This seemed to serve as a wake-up call for Leshawna.
- Oblivious to Love: Sadie harbors an obvious crush on Andrew, who doesn't even notice her or even interacted with her that much. It remains unrequited, though, as he eventually hooks up with Heather.
- Odd Friendship: Gwen and Lindsay. Later Gwen and Heather.
- Official Couple: Every canon and non-slash fanon pairing in the first series. With exception of Tyler and Eva, all other couples are still together.
- Oh, Crap: In "Search and Do Not Destroy", Andrew calmly says this when he accidentally wakes up a sleeping bear, where his key was leashed around its neck.
- Duncan and Geoff when their prank caused Harold to hit his head.
- Pretty much any time Chris is smiling or grinning.
- Only Sane Man: Andrew feels like this. Jessie is a female example.
- Pair the Spares: Once the teams were dissolved in Brunch of Disgustingness, the remaining guys joke that among them, Andrew is the only one not hooked up with anyone and that on the girls side, Heather is the only girl not hooked up. They meant that as a joke, until Andrew simply asked what's wrong with hooking up with her, then all laughter stopped.
- Papa Wolf: Andrew to Bridgette. Duncan to Lindsay.
- Pet the Dog: Chris tells the Interns to help Ezekiel to the Boat after his elimination when he is sick and exhausted.
- Pitbull Dates Puppy: Eva and Tyler. Take a guess who is who... then it's revealed that they broke up during the break.
- Playful Hacker: Cody to a lesser extent as it was revealed he accidentally hacked into the Canadian Government's database while playing World of Warcraft.
- The Prankster: Jake is this, but he only pranks those who deserve it as doing it unprovoked he'd consider as bullying.
- Pressure Point: Heather knocks out Courtney with this to shut her up.
- Punctuated! For! Emphasis!:
Michael: (after Paula knocks him out of a tree and waking him up) "You. Better. Have. A. Damn. Good. Reason. For. Knocking. Me. Out. Of. A. Tree."
Noah: "I'M. NOT. GAY!"
Andrew: (to Leshawna) "Shut. Up. NOW."
Harold: "THIS! IS! WAWANAKWA!"
- Rage Breaking Point Leshawna goes ballistic when she is almost voted off after the Boney Island Race.
- Reformed, but Rejected: Somewhat subverted with Heather. Although a few still hate her, some are willing to give her a chance.
- The Reveal: Turns out that Chris has an ex-wife, and it's Blaineley.
- Revenge Before Reason: Heather switching the votes. She was so enraged about being left locked in the freezer that she didn't care about the consequences. Leads to a My God, What Have I Done? moment
- Courtney basically threw reason out the window in the path of an incoming bus here. All she cares about is making sure those who "wronged her" suffer.
- Leshawna also falls in this, not caring about the consequences of her actions as long as Heather gets voted off.
- Rich Bitch: Courtney takes horrible HORRIBLE advantage of this.
- Heather was this....at least at first.
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: Wolfo the wolf pup Jake adopts.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: Courtney's entire strategy is basically to get revenge on those who 'wronged' her and make them all suffer.
- Romantic Runner-Up: Tyler loses Lindsay to Cody since she wasn't at all interested in him. Upon Tyler's elimination, it was revealed to him that Eva harbored a crush on him.
- Savage Wolves: A grown wolf attacks some of the campers due to Wolfo being with them. It was not Wolfo's parent, though... and it came back after the Final Four.
- Schemer: Justin. Also Jared in TAAT. Who knows what's in that metal briefcase of his...
- Screw the Rules, I Have Connections!: Courtney abuses this HARD when she came back. She also makes sure to rub it in everyone else's faces.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Noah and Beth do this with Heather by leaving her alliance after they could no longer stand working with her.
- Later Heather does this with Courtney after realizing just how insane and spiteful the CIT is.
- Shipper on Deck: Izzy towards Sara and Laura.
- Shout-Out: The virtual challenges are a shout out to those from the Total Drama Comeback series.
- The first is based on Dead Rising, the second on Red vs. Blue.
- Before the horror movie challenge started, the interns and remaining campers watch the remake of Friday the 13th.
- The 8th chapter of SFTS's idea is based off Inception
- Show Some Leg: Dena's skirt has a long slit up the side which show off her legs quite nicely. Extra points that she's also barefoot.
- The Silent Bob: Raphael in TAAT is a mute due to a throat injury.
- Single Woman Seeks Good Man: Jessie to Harold, who treats her with utmost respect instead of like an object like her peers do.
- The Slacker: Michael. He may be an intern, but he doesn't care much for his job on account that he hasn't even been paid yet. All bets are off if his sister Gwen is in trouble, though.
- Slap-Slap-Kiss: Duncan and Leshawna.
- The Smart Guy: Harold, Cody, and Noah, but Marcus fits the bill since he's an inventor.
- Smug Snake: Courtney. Justin as well.
- Southern Belle: Leanne of TAAT is this. Wearing a southern dress may prove to be impractical for competing in the show, though...
- Spanner in the Works: Duncan, after he and Trent witnessed that Gwen was being blackmailed by Courtney to help her win by voting off people she hates or else. Finding out the truth, Duncan formulates a plan with Trent, Gwen, and Geoff to get himself voted off so that he could make Courtney's reign of terror public. Courtney figured he'd be a threat if he stayed on. WRONG. He was an even BIGGER threat voted off. Several challenges, later, it all paid off as Crystal the lawyer appeared to give Courtney the boot whether she likes it or not.
- Spared by the Adaptation: Ezekiel wasn't voted off first due to Jessie's intervention, and instead was Courtney.
- Speaks Fluent Animal: Izzy is able to speak with the local wildlife. Also Laura to an extent.
- Specs of Awesome: Jessie and Harold.
- Spoiled Brat: Courtney to the T. After forcing her way back onto the show, she expects everything to be handed down to her on a silver platter, threatening the hosts and interns their jobs if they didn't comply.
- Stage Magician: Felix in TAAT TRIES to be this...
- Stalker with a Crush: Kelsey to Trent in TAAT.
- Stuff Blowing Up: Jake is quite skilled in making bombs out of anything.
- Surfer Dude: Geoff.
- Take That: Done towards Twilight during the Campers Rising challenge.
- Team Dad: Andrew is this not just for the Killer Bass, but for whatever team he gets put on for challenges after the merge.
- Team Mom: Bridgette to the Killer Bass.
- Team Pet: Wolfo. Also Bunny.
- Teen Genius: Marcus
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork: Basically within both teams, and some after the merge, especially those teams unfortunate enough to have Courtney.
- Terrified of Germs: Emily in TAAT is a germaphobe.
- That Came Out Wrong: One particular conversation when Andrew was fighting Chef one-on-one.
Andrew: "What's wrong? Getting tired in your old age?"
Chef: "Oh you’re not old enough for me to take to the woodshed, boy!"
Andrew: "...... That sounded wrong on every level imaginable."
Chef: "YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN!"
- Also in the Camperball challenge with Andrew.
Andrew: (to Heather) "Don't worry, if you have the ball, I'll watch your rear." *beat* "Wait, that came out wrong."
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Several.
- Bridgette gives one to Courtney after she complains about Andrew's win in one of the endurance challenges, calling her pathetic for saying he doesn't deserve to be in the game.
- Ezekiel of all people gives a major one to Courtney when she tried to attack him during the 'Hide and Be Sneaky' challenge, saying how pathetic she was to continue holding such a petty grudge for so long and making such a huge deal about it. She completely loses it afterward.
- Bridgette and Sara to Leshawna in the Aftermath episode as they have had it with her treating those who view Heather in a different light like crap. She was put on the spot as the two girls along with Jessie point out that Leshawna isn't exactly innocent of things herself and brutally points out that her obsession had caused her to unknowingly alienate herself from some of the campers. She was given a serious wake-up call when Jessie compared her to Courtney.
- The Scrappy: Courtney, in-universe and out. Because of her arrogance and reign of terror she held over most of the 1st season, she is basically hated by everyone there as well as by the viewers of the show, which lead them to sue her and her dad for blatantly breaking the rules. See Villainous Breakdown below.
- Throwing the Fight: Leshawna tried to do this in the grifball VR challenge in order to get Heather voted off. It failed badly, but they lost anyway. It also didn't matter because the elimination in that challenge can only be done by the losing team's MVP, which turned out to be Heather, much to Leshawna's horror.
- Time Skip: A year has passed between the end of TAI and the beginning of TAAT. This is important as certain things have happened in their normal lives that will affect their actions in the new season, such as Tyler and Eva's breakup and Sadie's slim-down.
- Took a Level in Badass: Lindsay goes on a cursing rampage on Chef when he continuously talked down on Cody during the boot camp challenge.
- Laura used to be a shy stuttering girl until Izzy gets ahold of her.
- Bridgette when she bashed Gregory Fowling repeatedly over the head with her surfboard in self-defense.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: Courtney didn't take to being eliminated first despite her team having good reason to, so she had her father buy the network that plays the show so she'd be back in the competition, and if that weren't bad enough, she had also given herself numerous perks that gave her blatantly unfair advantage, all while saying it is "justified for how she was treated". She also spends most of her time trying to cause serious injury to Ezekiel over something that happened LONG ago. Courtney also blackmailed Gwen and Heather into an alliance with her, threatening to destroy their lives if they refuse to help her win.
- Trailers: Total Drama Action Tour, anyone?
- Training from Hell: Andrew mentioned that his father, a former army drill sergeant, used to put him through insane training exercises. This includes stranding him in a forest and dumping him in a lake of alligators, all while he was only eight years old.
- TV Genius: Marcus is able to invent anything out of anything. He once built a fusion generator for a high school project, which wound up taking out his school's gymnasium.
- Villainous Breakdown: Courtney after an eliminated Duncan reported the corruption taking place in the show to Crystal, a lawyer. Crystal arrives on the island after the Hide and Be Sneaky challenge to reveal that Courtney's father is in DEEP trouble with the media law and had lost 80% of his fortune paying off the numerous lawsuits thrown at him by angry viewers and relatives of the eliminated contestants. Because her father broke a lawfully-written law in contract, Courtney is forcefully removed from the contest, ending her reign of terror. She goes into a rant after all her perks get taken away from her, but then Gwen socks it to her HARD for everything she's done to her and everyone else.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Gwen and Heather could be seen this way.
- Weight Woe: In TAAT, Sadie undergoes a surprising change and slimmed down during the year break thanks to Justin, as she felt herself unattractive. However this was mostly due to her trying to get Andrew's attention.
- What Beautiful Eyes: Dena's eyes are one of the things that sets her apart from the other tourists.
- What Does She See in Him?: How Gwen initially felt towards Leshawna seeing Duncan before he eventually proved himself. Gender-inverted with how most of the campers felt towards Andrew seeing Heather.
- What If?: This is basically retelling Total Drama Island, except showing what would happen if it was joined at the start by six new campers as well as four interns, which change around certain key points.
- What the Hell, Hero?: In "The Race To Boney Island", Leshawna suggested to leave Laura behind on the island (which was filled with wild animals, BTW) in order to not just win invincibility, but to ensure that the team Heather is on to lose so she'd be voted off. Sara and Bridgette angrily call her out on this plan of potentially having Laura hurt or worse just to get someone voted off, and Leshawna simply waves it off. This doesn't work, anyway.
- In "That's Off the Chain", Leshawna after hearing the elimination rule of the challenge, caused Heather to crash to ensure she'd get last place. However, since this was Chris and due to miscommunication, she wound up getting Sara eliminated instead, causing Leshawna to go catatonic over what she had done.
- Leshawna can't really be considered a "heroic character" considering her actions of late, but it depends on the reader.
- Who Wears Short Shorts?: Sarah, Heather, Lindsay, Izzy, Katie, Sadie (ugh!).
- Wicked Cultured: Justin is this to a tee.
- Would Hit a Girl: Andrew may follow a code of "no hitting girls", but he's smart enough to know when to make exceptions. Throwing Courtney into a barrel of leeches for maliciously spitting on Bridgette certainly qualifies. He also shot her numerous times with a paintball gun.
- He also stated he wouldn't hesitate to knock out Leshawna should she continue to rant about Heather. So far he only caused her to slam face-first onto the bottom of the canoe by pulling her down.
- Wrongly Accused: The Screaming Gophers to Laura, who thought they voted off Sara because of the Boney Island tiki doll incident, felling betrayed, but it was really due to Heather switching the votes.
- Due to Justin, some of the eliminated campers accuse Heather of blackmailing Andrew since they don't believe he would willingly like her.
- You Gotta Have Purple Hair: Talia in TAAT has purple hair with white bangs.
- Yuri Fan: Izzy. She even tried to play cupid for Laura and Sara.
- Zombie Apocalypse: The Dear Rising VR challenge in "Campers Rising".