Characters: Total Drama What The Heck?
Total Drama What The Heck? features 13 returning contestants from previous Total Drama seasons, a former staffer turned contestant, and 11 original contestants. Other characters include the hosts, non-returning contestants and characters met during the casts' journey. Canon characters are subject to Alternative Character Interpretation. Due to the nature of the story, there are a lot of spoilers. To avoid an excess of spoiler tags, all spoilers are unmarked.
open/close all folders
Bridgette, The Surfer
- The Fashionista: Bridgette is showing spades of this during the fashion challenge, leading the outfit design due to having learned a bit and showing interest during her recovery.
- The Load: After Bridgette is injured, she sees herself as a burden to her team, despite her teammates' efforts to persuade her otherwise.
- Make-Out Kids: Like in the previous seasons, Bridgette and Geoff continue to make out early on.
Chef Hatchet, Chris' former aide
- The Dragon: Similar to how Chef was Chris' Dragon, he seems to becoming one for Bradley.
- Going Native: Although Hatchet is considerably older than the other teen/college-age contestants, he has been increasingly acting like them as the story progresses.
- How the Mighty Have Fallen: After Chris fires Hatchet, replacing him with the Author Avatar to cut costs, Hatchet returns as a contestant because he needs the money.
- Sitcom Arch-Nemesis: Chef and Rhonda have this relationship. They annoy and insult each other often. They even engage in a cook-off to see who is better.
Courtney, The C.I.T.
- The Atoner: Courtney is attempting to move past her mistakes and show she's a changed person.
- The Cynic: Probably the biggest difference between her and Jovi, Courtney doesn't believe everything is possible and is more close-minded.
- Flat Earth Atheist: Courtney says she doesn't believe in magic, aliens or Bigfoot. When Jovi points out that she's met aliens and a Sasquatch before, Courtney writes it off as a trick being pulled by Chris.
- Friendly Rivalry: With Jovi, mainly over leadership of their team. Although their jockeying for position can get heated, they still have friendly conversations with each other afterwards and appear to have genuine respect for each other.
- Grumpy Bear: In contrast to her friends, Courtney tends to be a lot less enthusiastic.
- Ironic Echo: Delivered twice, against two people who delivered a similar rude speech to her earlier. Jovi lampshades how this often happens to Courtney.
- The Lancer: To Jovi. While Jovi is the positive leader, Courtney is her cynical second in command.
- Number Two: Serves this role for Jovi, usually being put in charge if Jovi is busy.
- Sour Supporter: Despite not being very positive, Courtney is willing to support others, even supporting some of Jovi's leadership positions.
- The Starscream: Courtney implies she's going to attempt to take over leadership, before she becomes friends with Jovi.
- Took A Levelin Kindness: Compared to her behavior in the pass two seasons, Courtney is a lot nicer after becoming friends with Jovi and Rosamond.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Courtney and Jovi bicker a lot and occasionally even insult each other, usually over leadership issues, but they are good friends and clearly respect each other.
DJ, The Brickhouse With A Heart
- Birds of a Feather: DJ's new friend Cosmic River has many similar interests about the environment and a love of animals.
- Celibate Hero: DJ tells Cosmic River he isn't interested in looking for romance while on the show.
- They Were Holding You Back: Bradley convinces DJ that his friend, Cosmic River, is holding him back because of his pacifist nature.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: For a little, when DJ turns on Cosmic River because he thinks the hippie is making him weak.
- "Well Done, Son!" Guy: DJ wants his mother to be proud of him, and thinks winning the prize money so she can move back will do that.
Duncan, The PunkDuncan’s life hasn’t really changed after the show. All his prize money is gone thanks to juvie bills, a lawsuit over animal abuse against the innocent deer he bullied on his first season and over Britney the raccoon, who he had a custody battle over for in his second season.But Duncan is out juvie and been trying to be a better person, thanks to his girlfriend Gwen. They’ve had a pretty good relationship going even though Gwen’s mom and brother don’t care for him being with Gwen.And they aren’t the only ones. Longtime fans have been outraged at the two’s hookup and have been very open about their dislike. In response, Duncan and Gwen have just been even more about open and romantic.They have done some environmental projects together and have been caught making out a few times in a dark alley. There are some claims that the couple has been caught arguing more than a few times however.Duncan was offered the chance to return for the new season and he agreed to hopefully win the money again and spend time Gwen. He plans to use the money to help him and her and to give some to a charity Gwen cares about.
- Asshole Victim: Duncan is a jerk and hurt Gwen, but he was framed and used by Bradley.
- Heel-Face Turn: At the beginning of season, Duncan seems to be much nicer than in previous seasons.
- Love Redeems: Duncan acts a lot nicer in the beginning because of his relationship with Gwen, being nicer to others and seeming to genuinely care for her... but it's too good to last.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: Duncan reverts back to being jerk—and then some—when he and Gwen begin having relationship issues.
- Took a Level in Kindness: His relationship with Gwen makes him nicer to other people and actually caring about the Earth.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Duncan dyes some of his hair teal along with his green mohawk, to match Gwen's hair.
Geoff, The Party Dude
- Book Dumb: It's established that Geoff didn't do well in school, so bad he was suppose to attend summer school.
- Forgetful Jones: Geoff begins developing a habit of forgetting things; his luggage, to wear pants and even that he had to attend summer school.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Geoff quit to save his teammates from making a tough choice.
- Make-Out Kids: Like in the previous seasons, Bridgette and Geoff continue to make out early on.
Gwen, The Loner Goth
- Ambition Is Evil: Gwen's questionable actions were only done so she could get the chance to finally win this show.
- The Atoner: Gwen is trying to make up for her past deeds which she does feel guilty over.
- Broken Pedestal: Gwen was SG's favorite contestant and is very happy to be on a team with her. Gwen used this to her advantage...
- Fallen Hero: How some view Gwen, having gone from a likable contestant to no better than Heather.
- He Who Fights Monsters As much as Gwen as fought against Heather and Courtney, she starts using some of Heather's tactics.
- Jumping Off the Slippery Slope: Gwen quickly falls into doing villainous actions for her benefit by the third episode.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Her reaction after she sees the consequences of her actions.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: Gwen outright lies and uses SG to better her own chances in the show.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Gwen gets green highlights in her hair along with her teal highlights, to match Duncan.
Heather, The Queen BeeAfter losing all her money in the volcano, Heather has become rightfully angry. After putting up with Chris’ mad challenges and losing her hair, she sacrifices her chance for a boyfriend and still lost the money!Even worse, her life hasn’t been going so well. People have often teased her and ridiculed her. This has lead Heather to step it up on being a Queen Bee. Some say she’s more like a dictator than a queen.Recently, a supposed photo of a nerdy, younger Heather was leaked online. The photo was taken off online a few hours afterwards. Heather denies that the photo was of her, and was likely a fake. A few days after said photo’s appearances it was reported that both of Heather’s younger brother’s arms were mysteriously broken.Some good has happened to the popular girl, for Heather’s hair has finally grown back to it’s original length. But it seems like even with her new hair, Heather is still single. Heather hasn’t seemed to date anyone since finishing the competition. As for Alejandro, Heather claims she isn’t interested in him anymore and hasn’t spoken to him since.Heather was offered the chance to return for the new season and she is determined to win the prize she unfairly lost. She believes she has the tenacity to win a second time. Now she sets out to keep her hair, keep winning and keep away from anyway romantic relationships.
- Aesop Amnesia: Heather seems to have stopped being as nice as she was in Action and World Tour, likely because of how it ultimately didn't get her anywhere.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: With Bradley. She acts as if she can't stand him and he teases her, but they do help each other out.
- Betty and Veronica: The Veronica to Lindsay's Betty for Bradley's Archie.
- Celibate Hero: Inverted and subverted. Inverted because Heather is a villain. Subverted because she claims to have no interest in romance while on the show, but her interactions with Bradley suggest otherwise.
- Hotter and Sexier: Heather returns with even more revealing outfit than her canonical one, if that's humanly possible.
- Single Woman Seeks Good Man: Heather seems to be falling for Bradley because he generally cares about Heather's well being. Of course good isn't necessarily the word to describe him.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: After coming so close to winning and having to compete all over again, Heather has given up trying to be nicer, and has become a much more angry and oppressive.
- Who Wears Short Shorts?:: Her new shorts are apparently a few inches shorter than the last pair, the pair which is part of the page image for this very trope!
Justin, The Hot Guy
- Flat Character: Out of all the veterans, Justin is the only one not to go through character development or show a change in who he is.
- The Load: He is shown to have a poor work effort and is so laid back he really pays attention.
- Mr. Fanservice: Justin seems to be trying to reaffirm he's this, given his new wardrobe choices.
- The Quiet One: Justin attempts to be more like he was in Island as part of his strategy.
- The Strategist: Justin claims he talked less and did less in this season than his last as part of his strategy.
- Too Dumb to Live: Did he really think hardly trying in challenges and insulting the team captain was a good idea?
- Walking Shirtless Scene: Justin's changed look is that he is no longer wearing a shirt.
- We Hardly Knew Ye: Justin purposely tried not to do much while on the show.
- Who Wears Short Shorts?: His new khaki shorts are 'short'.
Leshawna, The Sista’
- The Strategist: Leshawna thought planning more strategically this time around will help her last longer.
- We Hardly Knew Ye: Leshawna's early boot gives us not much time to get to know her.
Lindsay, The Dumb BlondeEveryone’s favorite blonde is back! And this is beauty is ready to finally win the season, and remember everyone’s names (she hopes).After her last season, Lindsay’s life hasn’t changed much. Beth is still her BFFFL (Best Female Friend For Life) and Tyler and her were dating. Everything was going great. Beth, Beth’s boyfriend Brady, Tyler and her even went on a double date in New York for one of Brady’s fashion shoots. Lindsay had won a gymnastic competition and even went on a shopping spree recently.Things were looking up for Lindsay…until Tyler dumped her. The details of the breakup haven’t been really discussed and Lindsay has been acting like she doesn’t know whom Tyler is. No one is sure if she just wants to avoid the details of the breakup or if she doesn’t actually remember. Sadly, her pet dog died recently as well and it’s said Lindsay has been extremely depressed.To get her mind off it, Beth and Lindsay have been using their semi-celebrity status to be special-guest volunteers at several events. They’ve worked as camp counselors at camps including band and drama camps. They’ve been at charity events and Lindsay even auctioned her old bandanna at a charity auction.Lindsay was one of the first veterans offered the chance to return and she accepted. Lindsay’s not sure what she wants to do with the money. Maybe put her through college or beauty school or even revisit Paris and move there.She has also thought about starting her own reality show that she hosts and takes place in a mall, called Total Drama Shopping Centre. But more than anything, Lindsay hopes that this season she’ll find a new, loving boyfriend!
- Aesop Amnesia: She seems to have learned nothing about being manipulated or betrayed, even technically working with Heather again.
- Betty and Veronica: The Betty to Heather's Veronica for Bradley's Archie.
- Dumbass Has a Point: Lindsay has occasionally noticed things that other characters haven’t or asked a smart question, such as realizing that the prize money is now five million dollars.
- Love Makes You Dumb: Her crush on Bradley seems to have made her not realize she’s obviously being used.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: While being pressured, Lindsay admits that she knows Bradley is using her but needs to feel love so goes along with it anyway.
Noah, The High IQ
- The Dragon: Could be seen as one to Gwen.
- False Friend: Noah pretends to be a friend to Julie in order to gain her trust.
- The Load: Like in TDI, Noah doesn't really participate in challenges.
- The Lost Lenore: Izzy seems to be this for Noah.
- Love Makes You Evil: Izzy's death could be seen as the catalyst for Noah's change in character.
- Replacement Goldfish: Noah views Julie as this, trying to be like Izzy and take her place in the show.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: Noah wasn't the nicest guy, but here he's willing to hurt people for seemingly petty reasons.
- Tragic Keepsake: It's implied the bracelets Noah is wearing are Izzy's bracelets.
Sierra, The Uber Fan
- Broken Bird: Subverted. Unlike the rest of the returnees, Sierra isn't as broken by Total Drama, likely for only competing a season. This is reflected in her lack of change of attire and how she is the only one who can easily make friends with the newbies right away.
- Broken Pedestal: Sierra says that after her experience on Total Drama World Tour, she became less of a fan of Total Drama after her 'idols' treated her badly.
- Oblivious to Love: Sierra's so focused on Cody she doesn't realize someone's feelings for her until she is told by Nellie, and is very shocked at this revelation.
- True Companions: With Nellie and Julie. They may bicker a bit, but they are there for each other.
- Yaoi Fangirl: Sierra [along with her mother] show traits of it in Sierra's will.Sierra: "To my dearest mother I leave my entire collection of Boy’s Love manga. I know you’ll enjoy more than I did."
Trent, The Cool Musician
Barbie, The Ironically Named Goth
- Abusive Parents: They spoiled her...until she couldn't gain them anymore fame and they become ashamed of her.
- Beware the Quiet Ones: After being bullied too far, Barbie reveals a lot of information and begins planning revenge.
- Eerie Pale-Skinned Brunette: In contrast to her tanned, blonde haired family.
- Goth: Of the gloomy variation. It's likely a way of rebelling against her parents.
- The Load: Early on in the show, Barbie makes no attempt to participate in the challenges and even throws some of them.
- Meaningful Name:
- In-universe, her parents named Barbie after the doll, because they expected her to be like the doll. She didn't...
- Her last name is Mattel, a reference to the company that makes Barbie dolls.
- Odd Friendship: With Cosmic River. The two are pretty different in personality but they work together, are genuinely nice to the other, and seem to becoming close.
- The Quiet One: Barbie doesn't say anything to anyone.
- Super Senses: Barbie is shown to have incredibly good hearing, being able to hear from far-away distances and recognize various sounds.
- The Unfavourite: Her parents prefer her more attractive, famous older sister than Barbie.
Bradley, The Manipulative Jock
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: With Heather. See the entry under "Heather".
- Betty and Veronica: The Archie for Lindsay's Betty and Heather's Veronica. The story even refers to the two as such.
- Blond Guys Are Evil: Bradley fits the trope, having light blond hair and being a jerk.
- Casanova Wannabe: Bradley maybe good at flirting, but he gets easily flustered and isn't use to a lot of female attention.
- Consummate Liar: Has shown to be a pretty good liar, convincing people of things rather well, even if he has shown not to be a good guy.
- False Friend: To Duncan, DJ, Taylor and a false boyfriend to Lindsay. He claims to have their best interests in mind or to be working with them, but he only is using them.
- Friend to Bugs: Bradley was one when he was a child, and is implied to still know a lot about them.
- Hidden Depths: Bradley has been shown to know a lot about insects and bugs, despite being a popular jock.
- Jerk Jock: Though not as dumb as most examples, Bradley fits the rest of the trope.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Bradley is shown to have his nice moments to both Heather and Lindsay and seems to genuinely care for them.
Collin, The Annoying Moron
- Dreadful Musician: Collin is chosen as the worst singer of all the contestants, not that this stops him from singing.
- Flat Character: Has no real importance to the plot or any character development.
- Fearless Fool: Collin is certainly a fool, but he isn't afraid of anything he faces.
- The Fool: Collin isn't intelligent but is hapless and oblivious to his surroundings and people's feelings of him.
- The Load: Collin isn't physically fit and is a klutz. It's no suprise he wasn't chosen for a team
- The Scrappy: An in-universe example, everyone hates Collin. EVERYONE.
- We Hardly Knew Ye: While he's there he doesn't do anything but annoy people, so we don't really learn anything about him.
Cosmic River, The Gentle HippieCosmic River is just a humble hippie who loves nature. He is very mellow, gentle and friendly. He use to care less until he met a man who taught him the wonders of nature and how important the environment is. He soon wanted to preserve nature and make peace like the man.When is parents wouldn't accept his ideas and wouldn't try to help save earth through small thinks, he decided to run away and became the mellow hippie he is now. He uses non-violent ways to try and convince people protect Earth. He has also become a vegetarian. The biggest issue he has been fighting for have been rights for caterpillars, an animal he is says is "Everyone's spirit animal."One day a strange girl noticed him randomly preaching about caterpillars outside her hotel and decided he would make a good addition to the show. He agreed to appear and hopes to win and use the money to help fund his ideas to use non-violent ways to get rights for caterpillars.
- Actual Pacifist: Cosmic River refuses to act violent.
- The Bully: Revealed to DJ, that he use to be a bully until an encounter with a hippie changed him.
- Friend to All Living Things: He has shown to make friends easily with a kangaroo and a Sasquatch.
- Friend to Bugs: Cosmic River is protesting to save caterpillars, and goes out of his way to help a tomato worm.
- My Girl Back Home: Cosmic River admits to DJ he's crushing on another hippie he travels with.
- Odd Friendship: With Barbie. See entry under "Barbie" for more.
- Taking Up The Mantle: Cosmic River isn't his real name, but the name of his mentor that he took after his mentor's death.
- Totally Radical: CR speaks like this, using various sixties and seventies slang in his speak.
Jovi, The Smarty PantsJovi is just one of those girls, where after you talk to her, you feel like you need to locate the nearest dictionary. She is known for her high intelligence, always getting good grades and acing tests. She has been know as a great strategist. Jovi is also a proud enforcer of rules, and likes to remind people that she's in charge.She also works very hard, knowing you have to work for what you want. She isn't afraid to get angry if it means getting the task at hand done. Even though she may come across as overbearing, she really is trying to help, and be a good person. She tutors kids in all subjects and is very reliable according to one of her friends.Jovi auditioned for Total Drama What The Heck because she wants to leave her mark on the world, and what better way than to be on TV?
- Expy: From Courtney to some degree, which is probably why they get along so well.
- Fiery Redhead: While Jovi isn't as fiery or girly as other examples of this trope, she is certainly passionate.
- Friendly Rivalry: With Courtney. See entry under "Courtney".
- Good Is Not Dumb: Just because she's idealistic doesn't mean she's unintelligent however. Jovi recognizes somethings are improbable, but not impossible.
- The Idealist: Probably the biggest difference between her and Courtney, Jovi believes in unusual possibilities and is more hopeful.
- The Leader: Of Team Indestructible, a position she's very fond of.
- The Matchmaker: Jovi is awfully interested in Rosamond's love life and correctly guesses Nate's feelings for Rosamond and has promised to keep it secret, but has encouraged him to pursue her.
- Shipper on Deck: Jovi openly likes the idea of Rosamond and Nate together, even before she met Nate. She even says this about Taylor and Trent.Jovi: It’s official; I ship them.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Courtney. See entry under "Courtney".
Julie, The Disturbed Crazed Insane Psycho Chick With A Love For Chaos and FanfictionsJulie is very mysterious. Her past is unknown.She claimed to be a ravioli pixie banished to Earth for destroying cities on her home planet after accidentally creating a monster. Then she claimed to be a hippie who was really Chris Mc Lean's father. Then she said she was a former classmate of Alejandro before he moved and ended her friendship with her BFF.She then stated she use to be a nice girl like her twin before her boyfriend broke up with her and she went goth. Then she said she was from the land of colors. She then claimed to be a former contestant on TDI before having son with another contestant and you have to guess who.Then she said she was a bully till a boy with a hat and a dog taught her the joys of pants which she know sings about. She changed her story however, saying she is a box of oatmeal. Then she wanted to know if she could eat our cameraman.But that's Julie. A crazed wacko hoping to ruin all our lives while wearing smile. What we do know about her is she LOVES total drama fanfictions. She spends a lot of time there reading stories she finds funny. She says she can speak to the fanfictions and hears their pleas to burn stuff.Our co-host found her trying to steal a ham sandwich from a hobo screaming " Where are my pants?" When we found out she liked Total Drama, we asked her to join. She said "I'm divorced" stole the slip that let her join, and jumped in front of a bus that rode off. Now somehow, she got on the bus to airport where our show starts, and officially became a contestant on the new season.When asked what she would do if she won she only said "Wouldn't you like to know."
- Ambiguously Brown: Julie has tan-ish skin, but her race is unclear. Not helping is her unusual eye and hair color, or mysterious past, and the fact she speaks several languages and travels the world a lot.
- Beware the Silly Ones: Julie is certainly a comedic character. She’s also really strong (and violent) when it comes to fighting not to mention having her own army of ninja girl scouts.
- Breakout Character: Although she was not originally meant to be a main character, Julie quickly became the star of the show. Although she was eliminated early in accordance with the original plan, the author soon relented and brought her back despite originally having no plans to do so.
- The Cuckoolander Was Right: Several of Julie's outrageous claims turn out to be true.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Julie’s past is mostly unknown (see Mysterious Past below) but she has revealed that she has been in several abusive relationships in the past.
- Expy: Julie is essentially a caricature of the (absent) canon character, Izzy, who was largely a caricature herself. Indeed, Julie's popularity appears to stem largely from the fact that she recalls Izzy without being a carbon copy. The main difference between Julie and Izzy is Julie's lack of respect for the Fourth Wall.
- Fourth Wall Observer: In a story full of Fourth Wall demolition, Julie is the go-to character for it.
- I Am Not Pretty: Julie thinks that her unnatural physical characteristics (purple and lavender eyes and hair) keep people from getting to know her and occasionally feels ashamed of her unnatural appearance.
- The Leader: Of her team, of the Fun Bunch and of the Violent Violet girl scout troop.
- Love Makes You Crazy: Inverted. Julie spends most of her time bouncing off the walls, but tends to become more serious and introspective (after the first few chapters, anyway) when discussing love and relationships. In some of these scenes, she could actually be mistaken for a normal person.
- Manic Pixie Dream Girl: Subverted. At first Julie appears to be this for SG, trying to make him more social. However this and her 'quirky' behavior makes SG suspicious of her, doing the opposite of a MPDG's job. And Julie herself has her own mess of issues that complicate them having a relationship as well.
- Meaningful Name: Julie's surname is "Noforthwal" ("No Fourth Wall") because she is the story's foremost source of Fourth Wall humor.
- Multiple-Choice Past: Julie has given several different backstories, most being shout outs to other fanfictions on the same wiki as her story.
- Mysterious Past: Julie’s past isn’t very elaborated on and she doesn’t openly discuss it or gives an outrageous backstory (see Multiple Choice Past above).
- Rapunzel Hair: Julie's signature braids certainly count. When her hair is undone, it reaches all the way to the floor.
- True Companions: With Sierra and Nellie. See entry under "Sierra".
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Lavender hair with purple streaks that is. Julie claims it's naturally that color.
Mikey, The Funny Hyperactive Guy
- Kung-Fu Kid: While not kung-fu, Mikey has shown to use karate on more than one occasion.
- Love at First Sight: Mikey states he fall in love with a contestant when he first saw her on TV last season.
- Pungeon Master: Almost all of the jokes Mikey makes are puns.
- Stock Dinosaurs: Mikey's favorite animal, and the animal on his hoodie, is a Triceratops.
- Tiny Guy, Huge Girl: Being very short, Mikey is this with his crush, who is considerably tall.
Nellie, The Negative Girl
- Cloudcuckoolander's Minder: She serves this role to her crazy friends Sierra and Julie.
- The Eeyore: Nellie’s character in a nutshell. Her Crapsack World monologues provide some of the story's most memorable moments. One of these monologues even discourages a dangerous predator from attacking her team.
- Odd Friendship: Nellie is a sad sack but her best friends are a nut and a hyperactive fangirl. And they’re friendship is beloved.
- Sarcastic Devotee: Nellie often points out how illogical or dumb her friends plans are, but she still goes along with them.
- Sour Supporter: She supports her friends and tries to help her team win, even though she still finds life depressing.
- True Companions: With Sierra and Julie. See entry under "Sierra".
- With Friends Like These...: Well, Sierra and Julie did make her their friend by kidnapping her in a sack, and they do have jokes at each other's expense, but they do love each other.
Rosamond, The Crazy Goth Cat Lady
- Dark Is Not Evil: Rosamond herself might be potentially mystic, odd and have gothic interests but she's extremely sweet.
- Expy: Rosamond is based on a character from the book series 'Nate The Great', though their personalities aren't too similar. Word of God confirms her 'powers' are inspired by a scene featuring Dawn from The Legend of Total Drama Island. Rosamond and Dawn do share some noticeable similarities, but Rosamond was created before Dawn was even known.
- Friend to All Living Things: Rosamond easily befriends a kangaroo while in the Outback, and is shown with being friendly to other animals.
- Friend to Bugs: During the challenge in the Amazon, Rosamond happily chats with a banana slug.
- Kindhearted Cat Lover: Rosamond has a very strong love of cats (owning four herself) and is shown to be a very nice person, supporting her friends and listening to others on their problems.
- Mysterious Animal Senses: Rosamond describes herself as having a sixth sense like animals are thought to. Her powers allow her to sense certain things in other people, including smelling or feeling them.
- Perky Goth: Rosamond likes trolls and finds Edgar Allen Poe funny, but she is very friendly and nice with other competitors and people in general.
- The Pollyanna: Rosamond has shown to be very positive in many situations. Gets trapped in an abandoned, crumbling building all by yourself? Shrugs it off and cracks a joke.
- Shipper on Deck: Rosamond seems to support Julie and SG as a couple, and provides advice on how to help SG win her back.
- Speaks Fluent Animal: Rosamond has been shown to be able understand and communicate with her pet cats.
- Sweater Girl: Part of Rosamond's usual wardrobe.
SG, The Shy Technopath
- Affectionate Nickname: In exchange for using her computer, SG has to agree to let Julie call him 'Puddin'.
- Broken Pedestal: With Gwen. See entry under 'Gwen'.
- Geek: SG likes using technology, has an interest in superheroes and is a part of the Total Drama fandom.
- Hollywood Nerd: SG may have actual geeky interests, but appearance wise he is really attractive.
- Oblivious to Love: SG fails to notice Julie's feelings for him, even though she is very friendly and flirty with him.
- Straight Man: SG can play this role to other members of the Fun Bunch
Taylor, The Broken Hearted Country GirlTaylor is usually a happy person. She has a loving family and lives in Nashville, a place she loves. She can play the guitar and has a great singing voice. But lately she has been down in the dumps.Her longtime boyfriend since 5th grade was caught cheating on her with the head cheerleader: her mortal rival that bullied her since middle school. Now she only writes and sings sad love songs. Her parents have done all they can to make her feel better but she is still very depressed. She has even started yelling at them.Recently a strange girl has come through Nashville and stopped by Taylor's house after hearing her sing. Knowing her boss might want to do singing, and not wanting the songs to be awful, she decided to get Taylor on. Taylor politely refused, but her parents, thinking seeing the world would make her more happy (they had never seen an episode of Total Drama), signed her up.Taylor still hasn't gotten over boyfriend and it's anyone's guess if she will get over it.
- Action Girl: Taylor seemed to have been one before dating Joe while in high school.
- Farmer's Daughter: Taylor is a more innocent version of this trope, but still grew up on working on a farm and dresses similar to the attire of this trope.
- Friend to All Living Things: In the aftermath it is shown that Taylor was quite close to her family's farm animals, who cared for.
- The Load: Taylor's constant crying and mood swings hinders her team at challenges early on. But she becomes much less sad and a problem...for awhile anyway.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: Taylor is loosely based on Taylor Swift and frequency sings about bad relationships.
Chris Mclean, The Host
- Shipper on Deck: Chris ships Sierra and Julie, and says he's a 'Purple Hair Shipper'. He gets into an argument with Toby and the redheaded intern over which of their pairings is best.
- The Slacker: While Chris never really tries too hard, compared to previous seasons he is doing a lot less work at hosting or running the show.
Rhonda, The Co-Host
- Author Avatar: While Rhonda is partially based off the author, she doesn't fit many of the elements of this trope.
- Butt Monkey: Rhonda is often the butt of the joke to Chris or her 'friends' Jenny and Toby, and even some of the contestants join in on making fun of her time from time. She's also a common victim of physical humor.
- Loony Fan: Such a loony fan, her obsession with show got her job, so she could do a lot of the work. This is downplayed after the first few chapters.
- Not So Above It All: Although she's normally the straight man in her interactions, she is still a pretty crazy individual who has moments of her own weirdness. She just happens to be focused on work.
- Sitcom Arch-Nemesis: With Chef. See entry under 'Chef Hatchet'.
- Straight Man: She plays this role to her more selfish and colorful co-hosts and the contestants occasionally.
Jenny, The Mischievous GirlJenny is like the little sister in a modern day sitcom. She's noisy, ditzy, and immature, but can be much clever and sneaky then given credit for. And yet she has an adorable charm to her, despite her mostly negative traits. Jenny does act like a spoiled little girl and prefers to do act like a child then deal with responsibilities.Jenny is rarely seen without her 'sidekick' Toby. The two have a 'love-hate' relationship; they love to hate each other. How they met is unclear, as they often argue whenever asked. The two have travelled all over the world and have had several misadventures, which they only get off through pure stupidity.Jenny and Toby met Rhonda after falling asleep in her yard. The three have an odd friendship that mirrors Jenny and Toby's relationship. It was Rhonda who got them a job on the show, where they half-heartedly co-host.Jenny agreed to co-host in hopes of fame. She is positive she is the main character of the story, or should be if the writer had any brains.
- Adventure Duo: Inverted. Jenny and Toby are stated to be adventurers and get into crazy hijinks around the world. But Jenny has the personality the sidekick would usually have of the duo and vice-versa with Toby.
- Attention Whore: Jenny is rather angry at the author for not giving her more screen-time and believes herself to be the main character.
- Breakout Character: Not to the point of rivaling Julie, but Word of God states Jenny and Toby appear more frequently than originally planned due to Jenny being highly liked by readers.
- Catch Phrase: Jenny constantly shouts "YOUR MOM!" constantly enough that it counts.
- Fourth Wall Observer: Jenny is aware she is in a fanfiction, and uses that awareness to complain about the quality of the story.
- Man Child: Despite being a teenager, Jenny acts very immature and often uses child-like reasoning. She also enjoys skipping and making up songs.
- Sarcasm-Blind: Jenny is a frequent target of Toby's sarcasm, but she doesn't get it.
- With Friends Like These...: Jenny seems to have no respect for her friends Rhonda and Toby. She usually finds ways to bug Rhonda and belittles Toby, though Toby also belittles her.
Toby, Jenny's SidekickToby has never been a really happy guy. He prefers not talking and being left to his own devices. His overall faith in human has died sometime ago he claims. But, he still finds himself occasionally doing nice things. Toby's past is unclear, and he prefers to not talk about it. He is also a rather good mechanic and woodworker, being able to fix, construct, and repair several things. He enjoys getting lost in those things.Toby is rarely seen without Jenny, who claims Toby is her 'sidekick'. The two have a 'love-hate' relationship; they love to hate each other. How they met is unclear, as they often argue whenever asked. The two have travelled all over the world and have had several misadventures, which they only get off through pure stupidity.Jenny and Toby met Rhonda after falling asleep in her yard. The three have an odd friendship that mirrors Jenny and Toby's relationship. It was Rhonda who got them a job on the show, where they half-heartedly co-host.Toby really doesn't care about this show, so why he agreed to co-host is rather unclear.
- Adventure Duo: With Jenny. See entry under 'Jenny'.
- Breakout Character: Subverted. While Jenny and Toby appear more frequently due to being liked by the audience, it was more Jenny who broke out than Toby.
- Deadpan Snarker: Toby uses a lot of sarcasm, often at the expense of Jenny, who doesn't get it.
- Fourth Wall Observer: Like Jenny, Toby is aware that he is fiction, though points it out less often than Jenny.
- Hypercompetent Sidekick: Jenny often introduces Toby as her sidekick, and the two are almost always together. But it is clear that Toby is the more intelligent of the two, though Jenny is often more remembered.
- Shipper on Deck: Toby ships Nellie and Sierra and says he's a 'Fun Duo Shipper'. See entry under 'Chris'.
Eileen the Vulture
- Team Pet: After Eileen tries to eat Jenny and Toby, they adopt her as a pet. Eileen now assists the co-hosts in their duties.