Characters specific to Octopussy
. For those in the entire film franchise
, see here
Played by: Maud Adams
A mysterious woman living on an island near Delhi with her Amazon Brigade
. She made her wealth in jewels smuggling. Kamal Khan manipulates her in order to smuggle jewels out of USSR and uses her circus to hide a nuclear bomb and detonate it once the circus gets close to a NATO base in West Germany.
Played by: Louis Jourdan
An Afghan prince who allied himself with Orlov and manipulates Octopussy for his scheme.
Played by: Kabir Bedi
Kamal Khan's Sikh
bodyguard and main henchman.
Played by: Steven Berkoff
A mad Soviet general who wants to conquer Western Europe with the help of Kamal Khan.
Played by: Vijay Amritraj
operative and ally of Bond in India. While Sadruddin is knowledgeable, it is Vijay who is the field agent and provides the most assistance to Bond.
Played by: Albert Moses
When Bond arrives in India, Vijay takes him to his boss - Sadruddin, who then escorts Bond to his hotel, pointing out Kamal Khan's palace on the way. He appears in a couple of other scenes throughout the early parts of the film. The first is when he watches Kamal Khan playing backgammon, and then later at Q’s laboratory where he informs Bond about Octopussy’s floating palace. Working as head of Station I, Sadruddin merely acts as a point of contact for Bond.
Played by: Kristina Wayborn
Octopussy and Kamal Khan's main henchwoman and circus director. She helps Kamal Khan to retrieve the Fabergé egg but ends up fighting on Bond's side after the nuclear bomb disposal.
- Action Girl
- Amazon Brigade: The leader of Octopussy's Amazon Brigade.
- Belly Dancer: In the climax.
- The Dragon: To Octopussy
- Femme Fatale
- Heel-Face Turn: Initially Magda is one of Kamal Khan's villainous henchmen, but after he betrays her and Octopussy, she joins Bond against him.
- Honey Trap: Does one to Bond in order to steal the Fabergé Egg.
- Lady of War: In the climax.
- Ms. Fanservice
- Only One Name
- Sacrificial Lion: Averted. Magda 1) is a major character, 2) whom Bond first meets on the mission, 3) and has sex with, 4) but she's not the main Bond girl. These 4 traits combined would normally spell death for a character, but Magda lives, thanks to her Heel-Face Turn.
- She's Got Legs
- Stage Magician: As Octopussy's circus director, she does some tricks to the officials who attend the show.
- Stripperiffic: Her Belly Dancer outfit in the climatic battle.
- Supporting Leader: In the climax battle.
- The Vamp: Despite not being completely evil, while working for Khan, Magda seduces Bond so that she may steal the Faberge Egg.
Mischka and Grischka
Played by: David Meyer and Anthony Meyer
Kamal Khan and Orlov's Russian knife-throwing twin henchmen, who work undercover in Octopussy's circus. They killed 009 at the beginning of the film.
Played by: Andy Bradford
A 00 agent who investigated Orlov's jewels smuggling network in Octopussy's circus using a clown disguise. He was chased by Mischka and Grischka and fatally wounded by Grischka's throwing knife at the beginning of the film. Had just enough time to bring a stolen Fabergé egg to the British ambassador in Germany before succumbing, kicking off the plot.