open/close all folders
A former special operator and professional hitman hired by middlemen to kill four witnesses and a prosecutor.
- Abusive Parents: According to Vincent, his father was an abusive drunk who frequently beat him up. Vincent would get shifted from foster home to foster home before winding up back with his father.
- Alas, Poor Villain: Vincent's death is very touching. He sits down on the train dying from a bullet wound, and doesn't try to kill Max in his last moments like one might expect. He merely smiles wearily and wonders if anybody will notice that he's died.
- Animal Motifs: Wolves. Hell, he even looks like one!
- Badass: Vincent is a total badass who frequently runs rings around his opponents.
- Deadpan Snarker: He's remarkably sarcastic and walks away with the film's best lines.
"What? I should only kill people after I get to know them?"
"Only thing that didn't show up is the Polish cavalry."
- Face Death with Dignity: After being mortally wounded, Vincent realizes he's going to die. He doesn't try to take Max out, he just sits down and accepts his own death easily.
- Faux Affably Evil
- The Gunslinger
- Lack of Empathy: As he explains to Max.
Vincent: Max, six billion people on the planet, you're getting bent out of shape cause of one fat guy.
Max: Well, who was he?
Vincent: What do you care? Have you ever heard of Rwanda?
Max: Yes, I know Rwanda.
Vincent: Well, tens of thousands killed before sundown. Nobody's killed people that fast since Nagasaki and Hiroshima. Did you bat an eye, Max?
Vincent: Did you join Amnesty International, Oxfam, Save the Whales, Greenpeace, or something? No. I off one fat Angelino and you throw a hissy fit.
Max: Man, I don't know any Rwandans.
Vincent: You don't know the guy in the trunk, either.
- Professional Killer: Of course.
"Max! I do this for a living!"
- Signature Move: Almost exclusively uses the Mozambique Drill.
- The Sociopath: Explicitly called out as one, although there are a few signs that Vincent might not be.
- Straw Nihilist: He has very definite views on the world around him.
Vincent: There's no good reason, there's no bad reason to live or to die.
Max: Then what are you?
Vincent: I'm indifferent.
- White Hair, Black Heart: Vincent has steely grey hair.
Played By: Jamie Foxx
A taxi driver whom Vincent employs to drive him to the locations of the hits.
Played By: Jada Pinkett-Smith
The lawyer prosecuting Felix Reyes-Torrena.
Det. Ray Fanning
An LAPD detective on the tail of Vincent and Max.
Det. Richard Weidner
Played By: Peter Berg
Played By: Javier Bardem
A Mexican cartel drug lord who hires Vincent.
Played By: Barry Shabaka Henley
A jazz club owner and one of the witnesses.
Agent Frank Pedrosa
Played By: Bruce McGill
An FBI agent staking out Felix Reyes-Torrena's club.