- Dyeing for Your Art: Tom Cruise went gray to play Vincent
- Hey, It's That Guy! - Vincent's employer's local man-on-the-spot, Felix is fellow hired hitman Anton Chigurh.
- Playing Against Type: Tom Cruise in only his second villain role.
- Throw It In: The part where Vincent jumps over the chair after smashing the glass was a mistake by Cruise. It was left in because Mann thought it added to his character.
- What Could Have Been: Believe it or not, the original idea was to cast Al Pacino as Vincent and Robert De Niro as Max. Yes, De Niro's casting was to be in direct homage to Taxi Driver (and possibly to Heat). Eventually, it was decided to go with younger leads.