Follow TV Tropes
That would be Comedy of the Year!
25: Make a high budget film for My Immortal, in Truer to the Text form.
The audience is now upset that their promised production of Springtime for Hitler has been cut in favor of a My Immortal film... But they changed their minds the moment Darkness Dementia Raven Way came up on-screen!
Springtime for Hitler, but it's now a licensed rhythm game!
Edited by Revaryk on Nov 20th 2019 at 12:40:30 PM
Too bad the songs from the show are perfectly danceable. Now it's bigger than DDR.
27. Nothing changes except everyone is wearing flashy medieval court outfits while using 1980's slang.
Gnarly Gnights 2: Plasmic Boogaloo! Coming this Summer to a Theater Near You!
28. Make MLP G5 pander to implausibly and paradoxically specific groups like landlocked sailors and air force pilots, tall midgets, and libertarian socialist lesbian transmen.
Edited by alnair20aug93 on Dec 15th 2019 at 9:57:30 PM
At first the audience is confused - they were led to believe this was "Springtime for Hitler", after all - but they love it all the same.
29. The actors throw produce at the audience rather than the other way around.
The audience loves it.
30: Everything must be bought separately. Chairs, popcorn, air, space to stand/place chair etc. Without a checklist and a heavy wallet to boot, watching the show is complicated at best.
Viewers agree that the cost is worth it to see the show.
31. The entire script is replaced with passages from Mein Kampf. In Esperanto.
Edited by The_Dag on Dec 16th 2019 at 11:59:08 AM
Recently Esperanto speakers have outnumbered English speakers. A show based on Hitler seems to be the cause. Also nazis who hate the Bee movie enjoys the new version. (refer #1)
32: All creative artists have been fired and replaced with one dyslexic autistic 5-year-old. His only drawing tool is MS Paint on Windows 3.0
Edited by Zeanobia on Dec 16th 2019 at 10:37:49 AM
It's very charming. Audiences love it.
33. The only audible words are "Joe" out of a loudspeaker. And that word is said one time, during the scene where Hitler makes his first speech.
The dadaist crowd is into it, which convinces people even more that there is a deeper meaning to the play.
34. Insert pointless, badly-acted sex scenes between previously-not-introduced characters after every musical number.
Well, you know what they say: Sex Sells!
35: Springtime for Hitler but it's being put on by an acting troupe from the local assisted living facility.
It turns out They really can act.
36: As if 30 wasn't bad enough, all orders must be made through fax. The form can only be found on a floppy disk and only by showing up at the theater 10 minutes before show start (excluding waiting in lines)
Edited by Zeanobia on Dec 17th 2019 at 12:58:50 PM
The retro-hipster crowd, as well as the sort of people who liked Dismaland are into it, furthering the show's artistic reputation.
37. Make the play G-rated and tone it down as much as possible.
Edited by burinnu on Dec 20th 2019 at 7:20:21 AM
It's a hit for distilling a serious historical event into something kids can understand.
38. There's Male Frontal Nudity of the title character.
We have been through this before: Sex Sells
39: A 300 kg male has been cast as the title character from 38. He haven't taken a bath since 9/11. How he managed to get on the stage in the first place is anyone's guess.
People think he's attractive because he's adorkable.
40: Make the play have a shit-ton of Toilet Humor, and only serve vegetable soup.
It gets considered one of the funniest works of theatre ever made. It also becomes popular with vegetarians, vegans, and people trying to lose weight.
41. All the actors are aliens.
Wait, aliens are real?! And you get to see them for the price of a theater show? All tickets are sold out in mere minutes.
42: Since it's holiday season the show will start at Christmas Day at the evening. Do you want to celebrate Christmas or see the show? You can no longer do both.
Edited by Zeanobia on Dec 21st 2019 at 1:06:23 PM
Being from the Mexico of Asia, we're accustomed to start Christmas at midnight. So free Noche Buena at the show!
43: A No Budget Yet Another Christmas Carol with an actual miser as Scrooge.
Edited by alnair20aug93 on Dec 21st 2019 at 10:32:02 PM
People think that this is meant to be symbolic, and the show sells more than ever. They also applauded the use of real historical figures in a work of fiction.
44. Work in as much Body Horror as possible, making the whole show a splatterfest that requires ponchos to watch.
Not only are people getting desensitized these years what's with watching Happy Tree Friends without blinking and gore is no exception. In addition to that the crowd of nightmare fetishists is a large enough demographic. Out of those there are likely a number of neo-nazis who hopes for an accurate portraying of the holocaust.
45. Since the autist child from 32 is so popular, he is now writing every manuscript with crayons. No proof-reading is done.
Edited by Zeanobia on Dec 31st 2019 at 7:30:07 PM
Still a charm.
46: An indoor New Year fireworks display while George Gershwin's "Rhapsody in Blue" plays live.
How is that even remotely bad? It's awesome! Anyways, it thrills the public.
47. Everyone is wearing wooden clogs that are super damn loud.
A clog lovers forum finds the show, and attend it.
48. There is no play.
People think it's performance art along the lines of John Cage.
49. They hire Gallagher to play Hitler.
Community Showcase More
How well does it match the trope?