- Badass Decay: After Taking a Level in Badass at the end of series 2 knowing Eric Van Helsing dies off screen after fainting during a vampire attack is pretty annoying.
- Crazy Awesome: Ever since he ditched Ingrid, Ryan Noble was on the road to becoming this. but then...
- Draco in Leather Pants: The Count. Literally.
- Evil Is Sexy: Boris is a typical homely and shy nerd before his transformation, after which he becomes a drop-dead gorgeous heart-throb who is highly feral and insane .
- Jerkass Woobie: Ingrid is evil and generally an unpleasant person, but the way her father treats her is horrible, especially since she is everything he keeps pressuring Vlad to be.
- Stuffed into the Fridge: Erin is killed offscreen between Seasons 4 and 5.
- Tearjerker: Ryan's death in episode 4 of season 4. And just when it looked like he and Erin were going to really make up too.
- Pretty much the entirety of "Sweet Sixteen". Makes you feel for Ingrid, of all people.
- Elisabeta in the form of Bertrand: I thought you were our future, but you were my executioner.
- Sally being mindwiped at the end of series 5 so she never knew Vlad and so she and George could stay safe. Her final conversations with Vlad and the Count are heartbreaking.
- In the first-season episode where Vlad hypnotises the Count into thinking he's an ordinary breather dad, Ingrid storms off to reverse it as soon as she hears...only for the Count to hug her, promise to spend more time with her and take an interest in her life. Ingrid can't bring herself to undo the hypnosis, despite her contempt for all things breather, because this is the first time the Count has ever treated her as if he cares about her.
- What Do You Mean, It's for Kids?? Series 3 and 4 are much darker than the previous two series. As of series 5, all traces of it being for kids are tossed out of the window.
YMMV / Young Dracula