- Awesome Music: The series really knows how to pick the right music.
- Fake Players sums up the awkwardness quite well with "Frolic" by Luciano Michelini, then Soldier's anger with "Mercy" when he realizes everyone on the server is a bot.
- Pop It, Don't Drop It: "Ho! One more time, I'm back with a new rhyme / Hey! Here we go again, Ha! Turn it up my friend..."
- Sentry Knockback has "Testarossas For Everyone", but according to the fans, the only "good part of the song" is the first 28 seconds of it (which is where the song is cut off in the video itself). Though it's still awesome because of the Ubered-Medic blocking a Sentry by twerking in front of it.
- Subtlety and Objectives use the appropriately-named "Sneakman" as the Spy's leitmotif.
- Bizarro Episode: Deep Serpent Assignment. While the regular Team Service Announcements can be weird enough, the Deep Serpent Assignments are just utter nonsense.
- Faux Symbolism:
- Memetic Mutation:
- Pop It, Don't Drop It spawned a new taunt for both Medic and Heavy, and occasionally players will play or sing its music when Ubercharging.
- To a lesser extent, expect to hear someone quote "It's like Christmas mornin'" whenever someone talks about a sniper imbalance.
- Older Than They Think: "Crotch-chop Heavies", the memetic dancing Heavies of Pop It, Don't Drop It, first appear in Compression Blast.
YMMV / Team Service Announcement