- Anvilicious: Issue #65, "The Last Mermaid", is just one long, long whine about the Gulf Spill.
- Fetish Retardant: As the comics become more and more like hardcore pornography (not that it was a big step), it's easy to become desensitized to it all. Scenes of tortured naked women, spiders crawling out of vaginas, and naked dead/undead women don't help.
- Memetic Mutation: "You have to get out of here! Your vagina is haunted!"
- Moral Event Horizon: Crossed both in-universe and out by Boo Cat's vampire girlfriend Licorice Dust when she mind controls and rapes Tarot.
- Narm: "You have to get out of here! Your vagina is haunted!" Yes, you read that right.
- Narm Charm: The line has led to that story being easily the most popular among casual readers.
- Nightmare Fuel: In between tits, author rants and more tits, the creators sometimes find room to be terrifying.
- Every time Raven cast a spell wrong and didn't fix the problem, a horrifically mutated version of herself was created.
- Tarot gets herself trapped in a magical world full of dreams people have abandoned, which become mad and monstrous for lack of someone to believe in them.
- A doll creator gets killed in a car crash, so her creations fix her the same way she'd fix one of them.
- Several nurses are killed in a car crash, their body parts are used for transplants, and they come back for revenge - namely by taking back said body parts from the unfortunate women who have them now. Since one of the living girls got vaginal reconstruction, you can see how this gets nightmarish.
- Which led to Skeleton Man giving the weirdest and most unintentionally funny lines in comics ever: "Samantha Brown! You've got to get out of here! YOUR VAGINA IS HAUNTED!!!"
- The onomatopoeia used when a ghost cuts out someone's vagina with a scalpel: "Slit!"
- A gingerbread woman who ate her creator and is about to bake Tarot and Raven alive.
- The deaths of Tarot, Raven, and Tarot's mom in the Norse Gods arc. Tarot is quartered, spit over a fire, and eaten by giants. Seriously, what the fuck?
- In issue #71, a eel bites off a woman's nose. This is followed by an image of her and her companions being eaten alive by sharks.
- One True Threesome: Oddly, Tarot might feel this way about John and her sister. One issue shows what would be the perfect future for each of the main characters, and in Tarot's she and Raven have both had a child by John. And she has said that they've shared boyfriends before...
- So Bad, It's Good: As the above "haunted vagina" quote demonstrates. Not helped by the loads of Fanservice and Author Filibusters. In fact, Linkara basically calls the comic porn.
- Squick: In one arc, Tarot is "milked" and is forced to secrete sexual fluids by the villain. He then drinks the fluids and makes butter out of it, which he then spreads across his toast. He did this because he believed drinking her "life-fluids" (as he calls them) would give him her knowledge.
- Strawman Has a Point:
- Non-witches have criticized Tarot for her lack of modesty, with the typical retort being that she's "proud of her body"; this applies to other characters on occasion. However, Tarot seems to ignore the fact that strippers wear more then she does, and don't parade around outside. Not to mention that it's considerably easier to be proud of your body when that body is one that Playboy Bunnies would be jealous of.
- The in-universe prejudice against witches seems entirely understandable in a universe where Raven Hex has repeatedly used her magic to harm non-witches. And it's hard to take Tarot seriously as any sort of protector of muggles when she consistently shields her sister from any lasting consequences for her actions.
YMMV / Tarot: Witch of the Black Rose