- Alternate Character Interpretation: Matobe is really on Shinichi's side. The last scene of the anime consists of an Engineered Public Confession with the Queen standing right outside the tent where Matobe set up a video conference with his superiors. Considering that this would require Japanese technology, it is likely he was in on it to some degree since Petralka would not have been able to sneak in herself, her chief advisors and Shinichi's retinue into the heart of the Japanese camp otherwise.
- Anvilicious: Prejudice is bad. Classism is bad. Equality is the basis of a good society.
- Ensemble Dark Horse: Elbia is getting quite the following.
- Jerkass Woobie: Petralka starts off a Royal Brat (she gets better) being forced to rule since childhood and weighed down by the responsibility. She's still determined to be a good ruler for her kingdom.
- Moe: Myucel is quite adorable and huggable.
- Some Anvils Need to Be Dropped: The heavy-handed aesops about equality helps the story immensely, because it adds very real grounding to what's otherwise a somewhat silly premise.
YMMV / Outbreak Company