- Ho Yay: Eugene and Mortimer. They live together and do (almost) everything together, so this is inevitable.
- Jerkass Woobie: Even after he nearly kills Eugene, it's hard not to sympathise with Bradley Headstone to some extent.
- Moral Event Horizon: Bradley Headstone crosses it when he attempts to murder Eugene.
- The Woobie:
- Jenny Wren is a disabled Cloudcuckoolander, living in poverty with an alcoholic father who she treats like her child. Her only real friends are Lizzie and Mr. Riah, and then Lizzie has to flee, and thanks to Fledgeby's schemes Jenny mistakenly believes that Mr. Riah is actually cruel and selfish. And then her father dies. Luckily she gets a happy ending.
- Mr. Riah, who is really a generous, kind-hearted man, is forced to play the part of a Greedy Jew, is constantly mocked and insulted by Fledgeby, and thanks to Fledgeby he ends up driving away Jenny. Finally he has enough of Fledgeby's behaviour, and he gets a happy ending too.
YMMV / Our Mutual Friend