- Alternate Character Interpretation — Each character seems to have a radically different assumption of another character, than everyone else.
- Mark thinks Charlie is weird and thinks Jamie is "settling" for her.
- Nay heavily dislikes Mark.
- Charlie despises Murfs and seems to have unresolved anger issues towards Tom.
- Charlie in general. And we will leave it at that.
- Broken Base — Fan reactions to a certain page in Jamie's story were spirited.
- For context, prior to the 07 October revision, page 83 featured Charlie performing a sexual act on Jamie against his explicit consent, and Jamie dis-associating so as to make the experience pass more quickly. Although the arguments surrounding Charlie's actions against Jamie had many, MANY intricate and painful facets, the biggest and/or loudest camps were divided primarily between A: Those who felt that Tab's choice to make Charlie commit an act of sexual violence played dangerously into a larger trans-phobic cultural narrative, and B: those who either saw Charlie's actions as —if not forgivable— comprehensible given her extensive back story, or who focused on other things like the fact that it honestly portrayed a man as being susceptible to sexual abuse, in spite of a number of cultural assumptions to the contrary. There was a LOT more to it than just that, but better to be brief and Let Other Articles With Better Writers give you an idea of some of the complexities involved. The original massive and contentious comment thread has since been taken down, though Tab has said that he is keeping a copy for posterity.
- Ensemble Darkhorse — Steve's Dad!, despite having been basically a cameo since the end of the first chapter - with two of the main eight not having been introduced until the third, and the premise not really having been fleshed out until the fourth.
- Colin is also starting to become one. In the space of one Fanservice Pack, he's gone from being disliked as a possible antagonist to being swooned over by quite a large portion of the fan community.
- Out of the main characters Charlie and Tom seem the most popular, though Charlie is certainly a Base-Breaking Character.
- Moral Event Horizon:
- Tom calling Jamie gay after he began dating Charlie in the eyes of many, including Charlie herself, who cuts off all contact.
- This is thrown hard into perspective, however, when Charlie forces herself on Jamie. However, following the revision, it's also deconstructed. Charlie feels incredible guilt for her actions and is quite clearly shocked at what she was within inches of becoming.
- Natalie Geln crossed it in her Establishing Character Moment by giving Charlie the Sadistic Choice to either get a Traumatic Haircut or watch as an unconscious Tom is raped by her two henchmen. She then tells Charlie that she doesn't want "freaks" in her school and tells her to "do the world a favor and kill [her]self".
- Memetic Badass: See below.
- Memetic Mutation: Steve's dad... IS YOUR FATHER.
- Even the Hulk is afraid of Steve's dad.
- (Weird Khaos pairings that should never happen:) Steve's dad and... STEVE'S DAD!
- Moe: Charlie. Seriously just look at her.
- Narm: I'LL SAVE YOU — Charlie? Really Tom? At the top of your lungs and everything?
- Nightmare Fuel:
- The man who raped Jamie when he was a kid. More specifically, the way Jamie draws him; as a massive, pitch black Eldritch Abomination with an enormous Slasher Smile that curls and twists unnaturally and no eyes.
- Natalie Geln in general, but the fact that there are people like her in real life is particularly horrifying. That's right, there are real people that are as messed up as her! And who are just as willing to do what she did to real life LGBT youths.
- One-Scene Wonder: Natalie Geln is a particularly terrifying example; she appears in only one scene, but boy does she leave a lasting impression with just that scene alone.
- Tear Jerker: Has its own page.
- Wangst — Lampshaded by a banner ad◊. Still, the banner doesn't lie. Warning, Tom's story may be a bit of a Tear Jerker.
- The Woobie: Everyone is a Woobie at some point. Apart from Natalie Geln. Or Jamie's mom.
YMMV / Khaos Komix