- Author's Saving Throw: Episode 6-7, "Out of Luck" was one to the last scene of Season 5 when the Celtics under Brad Stevens did not prove to be the "Spurs of the East".
- "Funny Aneurysm" Moment :
- The episode where the Trail Blazers make fun of DeMarcus Cousins for joining the Warriors was released a few days after he was taken out of the playoffs after suffering a left quad injury.
- The Season 6 Finale has Pat Beverly trying to recruit Kevin Durant to House Clippers; it was released around Game 3 of the Finals while Durant was nursing a calf injury. In Game 5, Durant played 11 minutes in the first half before rupturing his tendon, making his return in Season 7 questionable. House Warriors needed all of his 11 points that day, though even then it merely prolonged the series by one battle. Additionally, the other Warrior who appeared in the episode, Klay Thompson, had a great Game 6 before tearing his ACL, which effectively ended Golden State's championship run.
- Heartwarming Moments: House Bucks gets one in the Season 6 finale, when, despite losing their conference, they rally together as a house with one Rousing Speech after another, and cheer on Giannis Antetokounmpo as the new King in the East.note
- Heartwarming in Hindsight: Episode 6-3 ends with Lowry hoping that DeRozan's sacrifice wasn't in vain, before Kawhi Leonard appears before him. Sure enough, Kawhi helped the Raptors win their first championship that season.
- Hilarious in Hindsight:
- The first episode starts out with Kevin Love talking to Steph Curry, lamenting how they're doomed to wallow in mediocrity forever. Both of them would go on to win championships, with Curry in particular playing an important role in the Warriors dynasty.
- As Pat Beverley was arriving to speak with Kevin Durant in 6-8, Kyrie Irving had finished his own proposal for him and KD to "rule the World, from edge to edge." Apparently, KD was more pleased with Kyrie's proposal, as the twain are now headed for Brooklyn, even with KD's injury. Then again, Beverley was able to get his own... monster offscreen. Also...
- The start of Episode 5-8 had Paul George headed out of Okla'homa in a Lakers tunic. His words to Russell Westbrook held true one year later when he actually left.note What's hilarious is that he joined House Clippers instead.Russ, in my years, I've come to accept that I will lose in the playoffs no matter where I go.note But Los Angeles has a beach.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: The plot point of the Kobedicians jeering LeBron set up in "The King's LAnding" egged on by Kobe himself seemed ripe for a "Collapse of House Lakers" plot that actually unfolded in the real NBA. References during Season 6 proper to such events? A Throwaway Line during the Credits of the Season Finale:note LeBron: [W]here did Magic [Johnson] go? He was supposed to be here.
YMMV / Game of Zones