- Base-Breaking Character: Linda is one of the most popular brides in the series in Japan, and yet gets quite a bit of hate in the US for being a Jerkass and forced as Sieghart's Love Interest.
- Ensemble Dark Horse: Eugene is probably the most popular character from the game.
- As far as the brides go, Dana is quite popular as well.
- Depending of your choices for the character creation, Sieghart could be a game breaker. Either a powerful mage or a powerful warrior.
- Alice is one of the strongest mages in the game, has the willpower Energy which is one of the things which made Leonhardt a game breaker in the first game, a huge target area and devastating Extra skills.
- Routier initially is sees as a weak mage in comparison with Alice, but she has the most game breaker Extra Skill, Mantic, a skill that gives 100SP to near allies in the field. This is extremely useful in the post game and you could easily spam the most powerful skills.
- You can recruit the game breakers from the first game, like Leonhardt and Ellis.
- Ho Yay: Sieghart and Eugene have quite a bit of this, which doesn't go unnoticed by the rest of the party.
- Sieghart and Vashtor also have a generous amount of it as well.
- Iron Woobie: Vashtor, big time. Was brainwashed by his superior and turned into a Gurg. He retained a bit of his conscience to the point of being able to help Leonis, but in the end not only Leonis refused to kill him, but he is totally aware his fate is not in his hands anymore and he will cause more destruction in the future. Indeed, he was right and Leonis wrong about his future.
- It's the Same, Now It Sucks!: Some people didn't enjoy the reuse of many things in this prequel, like enemy sprites, weapon and magic list and the fact the most of characters are inspired in characters from the first game.
- Jerkass Woobie: Eugene may be an ass, but considering what his life was like before meeting Sieghart, his attitude is pretty understandable.
- Les Yay: Sayane and Linda gets some "interesting" scenes, like in one event when Linda is sick and Sayane is "helping" her to get rid of the sweat due the fever.
- Memetic Badass: Decimal. This is a chicken who beat a GURG!
- Narm: The one weapon that can defeat the gurgs, is Werdefahrt. Try saying that without cracking up poop jokes.
- The Woobie: Pretty much every party member is one in some way.
YMMV / Agarest Senki Zero