While being chased by Tom, Jerry hides in a chemistry set, inadvertently landing in a bottle of invisible ink. After finding his bottom half missing and testing it on his hand, Jerry decides to make himself completely invisible to have a little fun with Tom. At first, the prank works, as Tom begins to think the house is haunted. However, it isn't long before Tom is onto Jerry's scam...
The cartoon provides examples of the following tropes:
- Cranial Eruption: Jerry's shadow gets a lump when Tom hits him.
- Invisibility Ink: Invisible ink makes Jerry invisible.
- "Scooby-Doo" Hoax: Using his invisibility, Jerry plays a bunch of pranks on Tom to drive him crazy: drinking his milk, giving him a hot foot, and even walking over the piano keys to produce a spooky chord. His cover is blown when Tom sees his shadow while he's eating a banana and realizes the trick.
- See the Invisible:
- Tom sees invisible Jerry's shadow while the latter is eating and manages to hit Jerry with a book.
- Tom tries to find Jerry by throwing flour on the floor so that Jerry would leave footprints. When he does, Tom tries to hit him with a frying pan. Moments later, the words "Missed me" appear on the flour. Due to flour still being on his feet when he runs out of the kitchen, Tom is still able to follow him.
- Throw the Book at Them: When Tom sees Jerry's shadow, he takes a book and smashes Jerry with it.