Meteor and the Mighty Monster Trucks is a CGI-animated children's television show that premiered in the fall of 2006 on Discovery Kids and presented the fictional adventures of anthropomorphic monster trucks with the personalities of young children.
In 2007, Meteor and the Mighty Monster Trucks was nominated for an Emmy Award in the Outstanding Special Class Animated Program category.
Head writers credited on the show were Ken Cuperus, Alice Prodanou and Dave Dias.
As of March 30, 2015, it is currently seen on Qubo. Smile of a Child also airs it, but names it as "Monster Truck Adventures", a non-secular version of the show with the race announcer highlighting at the end of the episode what happened and a bible scripture that ties in to the problem faced.
This show provides examples of:
- Alliterative Name: Dynamic Dan's name repeats the letter "D".
- Alliterative Title: Meteor and the Mighty Monster Trucks uses the letter "M" a lot.
- One-Word Title: The episodes "Over-Heated" and "Boomers".
- Religious Edutainment: The Smile of a Child version, Monster Truck Adventures, is a Christian version with biblical lessons.
- Sentient Vehicle: Every single character is a monster truck with the personality of a young child.