The Meth Minute 39 provides examples of:
- As Long as It Sounds Foreign: Episode 24, "Japandering", is chock-full of this, given that it's all about international celebrities starring in Japanese commercials. There's also 2-3 lines of Japanese-looking text that keeps appearing in different orientations. A number of YouTube comments claim some dialogue sounds more Korean than Japanese.
- Blatant Lies: The Meth Minute 39... For Kids episode!
- Deranged Animation: The Meth Minute 39,000 dips into this.
- Have a Gay Old Time: The title makes one think of crystal meth. On second thought, Dan probably knew this.
- Memetic Mutation: Episode One, "Internet People," is basically a flash music video listing dozens of these. Given the viewcount it seems too have become one itself.
- Serious Business: The Music Nerds, about... music.
- So Unfunny, It's Funny: A few here and there, notably present in The Meth Minute 39,000.Announcer: "Fire Cat!"Lady: (standing next to flaming cat) Hi, kitty. What are you doing? Don't be on fire, okay?
- Spin-Off: Nite Fite was given its own series after The Meth Minute 39 concluded.