Because I dont know how a site that launches with photos of a rubber dinosaur eating cake could ever be not-fun.
Dinosaur Dracula is a website created by Matt Carracappas, who became well-known for his former site X-Entertainment. This site is basically a sequel to that one. (In real life he's a promo editor for Viacom Media Networks, including Nickelodeon and the movie net Epix.)
Like X-Entertainment, the site mostly revolves around nostalgia - toys, games, commercials, food, etc, all written with an eye for the small things and a healthy dose of humor and insanity.
This site contains examples of:
- Author Appeal: It's obvious that Matt likes Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Additionally, he has a fondness for holidays, particularly Halloween and Christmas.
- Cluster F-Bomb
- Dem Bones: Carlo, though he has a zombie head.
- Does Not Like Spam: According to this post, Matt hates Milky Ways.
- It Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time: Matt says this about a video made for the site's launch.
- The Leader: Matt considers the pumpkin Milky Way bucket to be the leader, because of his (supposed) muscles and assuredness (making him a Type 3).
- Logo Joke: The logo dresses up for Halloween, Christmas, Summer, etc.
- Mascot: Quite a few, some of which are carried over from X-E. There's Dino Drac himself, obviously. Carried over from X-E are Harley (a mischievous, gremlin like creature), and Shrunken Apple Head, whose origins are explained in this old X-E article. Also in the mix is Mummy Shark, the site's companion Tumblr; he often shows up in the holiday banners as well.
- Manchild: Matt, in the most awesome way possible.
- Mr. Imagination: Not many people can take marshmallows and make them into a science-fiction story about oppression.
- Mundane Made Awesome: A hallmark of Matt's writing.
- Nostalgia Filter: A key point in the site's content, for instance, the recurring series of Six Snacks I Want Back , which are mainly concerned with departed snack foods, some of which were criminally unhealthy (like the infamous Oreo Big Stuf, alleged to be the size of a hubcap).
- Rule of Cool