Supercrash! is a superhero webcomic by Yves Bourgelas.
The story centers on a young man named Oliver DaCosta, who's mother and he just recently moved into the town of Norandopolis. However just as they're moving into their house, a superhero crashes into Oliver's room and winds up fleeing the scene. As he does, the hero drops an orb on the ground. When Oliver picks it up, it's recalled back to a group of heroes heroes fighting a monster, revealing to Oliver the existence of superheroes and leading him to accidentally save the day. After which, he finds out that the superheroes are part of an organization of the city called Superhumans Inc. who manufactures said orbs, called Powerspheres, sells them to the youths of the city and employs them as part time heroes. Oliver naturally jumps on board to be a superhero and is given the name Supercrash. Hilary soon ensues as Oliver learns the ups and down of being a crime fighter.
Updates Mondays and Fridays.
Also has a character page, please contribute.
- Abusive Parent: Oliver's mother is pretty insane, case in point she has to tie him to the seat of their car when they first arrive at the city (granted he kept trying to escape by the window but still wow). It doesn't get any better when she even starts a militia against superheroes after one crashes into her house.
- And Show It to You: How Oliver defeats the first blob monster. By accidentally pulling out its heart, feeding it fast food, then vaporizing it with his hand laser.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Jennifer who is really General Jaine, sister and dragon to her brother, Van Vector.
- Blob Monster: The first monster seen onscreen and the first one Supercrash fights. Turns out there's more than one.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Hillary, Oliver's mother, starts a crusade against superheroes after one of them accidentally crashes into her house just as they're moving in.
- Heroes "R" Us: Superhumans Inc functions as one, giving the Powerballs made of Heroinum to teenagers (the powers only work up to a certain age, hence why they're no adult heroes) for a fee of course.
- I Was Quite a Looker: Hogatha, who provides basic training to new recruits, the training video she shows has her looking much younger and attractive then she does now.
- Improbable Weapon User: Supercrash's main gimmick is that he uses a road sign as his main weapon. He takes offense when Superpouf and some of the other heroes copy him during a raid on a villain's headquarters.
- Jerkass: Honestly barely any of the characters are saints usually belittling, conning and outright trying to hurt each other for the most pettiest of offenses. At the most, Edward and Irene are two of the most decent of the cast.
- Police are Useless: Police of Norandopolis aren't very fond of superheroes and treat them with utter disdain despite clearly not being equipped to handle most of the threats to the city such as monsters. Granted in Oliver's first encounter with them, they did catch a thief and arrested Oliver alongside him when the thief tried to claim him as an accomplice (didn't help that Oliver mistook him for a fellow hero). While they let Oliver go, it wasn't without humiliation via forcing him to dance while they shot at his feet. In the second encounter, however, Oliver tries to get them to help Jennifer after she faints from having to defend herself against her henchgirls who rebelled on her, but all they do is mock him for forgetting to bring in her assailants and laugh in his face, forcing him to carry Jennifer out of their HQ in a huff.
- Nice Job Fixing It, Villain!: Jennifer a.k.a General Jaine tries to go undercover to find out Supercrash's identity. While she does succeed on that front, she leaves behind her communicator to which Superpouf manages to find. What's more the three henchgirls she beat up lead him directly back to her hideout where Victor and she are stationed. The following day, Superpouf gathers the heroes and conducts a raid on the facilities.
- Nightmare Face: Yves is a master of these and they pop up a lot in the comic.
- Running Gag: Oliver always having weird dreams following an adventure, usually with him dressed as a girl and his mom doing something odd.
- In the first chapter, Oliver complains about leaving Qubec, his room, and a cute Chinese girl that was stalking him.
- O2's character design looks an awful like a certain young wizard.
- Speech Impediment: Edward a.k.a SuperWhatHisName has this. His speech always has scrambled wording making it hard to understand what he's saying.
- The Bus Came Back: That hero who crashed into Oliver's house at the start of the series, named Superblam? He makes a return in the fourth chapter.