Sin Kids AU (also known as Abomination AU) is an umbrella term for the The Loud House Fan Verse raging from fanarts, fan fictions and games made by various authors from the series fandom centered around the lovechildren of Lincoln and his sisters. Lincoln also has children with other non-related female characters in some versions of this verse.
The Sin Kids are a bunch of Original Characters and the authors are encouraged by the larger figures in the fandom (like the creators Scobionicle99 (or SB99), Patanu102 and JumpJump) to not follow their headcanons and instead do whatever they want with them. Because of this, this fanverse is based almost completely based on the concept of Depending on the Writer and everything is different in every interpretation. These differences encapsule everything from the number of kids, who the kids are, their personalities, their age, how they were conceived, where they live, and a infinite number of etcéteras. Nothing is set in stone and changes are made from person to person.
Everything listed in this article comes from the most popular, influential or interesting works in the fandom. So take every single trope with a grain of salt, as anything and everything can change whenever a more influential fanfic or comic comes out.
The Sin Kids AU provides examples of:
- Adults Are Useless: Even though a section of the fandom does revolve about the parents and how they deal with having kids, most of the fandom itself focuses on the sin kids, so, adults end up being either incompetent, absent or just way too lax as parents.
- Being the smartest one of them all, Lisa is often the exception to this trope, but it comes with the caveat of usually being used as nothing more than a plot device for fixing all kinds of things, including but not limited to modifying genetics to avoid inbreeding.
- Lincoln ends up often being the exception as well, especially if he's depicted as a well-meaning father (or pretending to be an uncle) who often provides the most stability to the sin kids' lives.
- Big, Screwed-Up Family: One with all sorts of issues that's not even counting the incest part.
- BrotherSister Incest: With Lincoln at the very center of it.
- With most of the fandom being formed by Loudcest shippers, even when the boys and girls are the center of attention, usually they would pine for the affection of their brothers, sisters or parents.
- Even characters like Lyle, that are written to despise incest, end up falling into this, given that most of the extended cast aside from their family is conformed by the children that Lincoln had with girls and women that weren't related to him, thus making them the kid's half-siblings.
- Chick Magnet: How else would Lincoln attract even his sisters?
- Lincoln's three sons (Lemy, Lyle and Bobby Jr) all also have this but all three deal with it differently. Lemy enjoys the attention of his sisters, aunts and girls in general. Bobby is shy and can't stand being the center of attention. Lyle absolutely hates it and keeps to himself and later on his one girlfriend.
- Child by Rape: Rather common during the cases where the couplings weren't mutual, though the specifics are different: Sometimes Lincoln is the rapist, sometimes one or all of the girls (whether as a Yandere or through Alcohol-Induced Stupidity) are.
- Darker and Edgier: Compare to the Series and other fanfics given the taboo subject matter. However there's still some comedy and lighter moments between the siblings themselves.
- Deadpan Snarker: Lupa is the queen of this in all versions.
- Lyle has shade of this. But unlike Lupa (who does it for fun and often means no harm), Lyle actually means what he says. He is disliked by most characters in most interpretations because of this.
- Glorified Sperm Donor: In some interpretations, Lincoln isn't a good father. He is rarely present or when he is, he is an incredibly lax parent.
- Loads and Loads of Characters: If you count just the direct kids and their parents, you got over 20 characters. But if you count half-siblings, their parents, cousins, recurring characters, friends and so on. It's almost over 70.
- Multiple-Choice Past: Inevitable
- My Secret Pregnancy: Considering who the father is this plays in a lot of fanfics.
- No New Fashions in the Future: Taking into account that canonically speaking, The Loud House takes place during 2017, then most of the comics and fanfics of this fanverse take place between 2039 and 2044. You wouldn't know that considering that most of the characters dress in clothes that look like they came out of the early 2000s. Lemy on the other hand dresses like a metalhead from the 70s. Meaning that he likes the music and fashion from almost a hundred years before his time.
- Recursive Fanfiction: It originally started as fan art by SB99 of 11 kids, four of which were quickly dismissed by the fandom at large. Liby was then made by Caencer, not too long after Patanu102 took the concept and created the tenth kid and made fanfics and fan comics with them, and it became popular enough to have more content from other members of the community.
- Same Content, Different Rating: While you will find a number of lewds works with the characters, you'll often find plenty safe work too.
- Sequel Series: In some interpretations the stories are a followup to the tv show making references to the show and characters from it.
- Stigmatic Pregnancy Euphemism: With a good reason.
- Subverted Catch Phrase: "Damn It." Is a reference to running joke of the original shows "Dang it."
- Teen Pregnancy: Most of the mothers of the Sin Kids (and half siblings for that matter) will be this.
- Yandere: On some fics Lincoln's sisters (and other girls) are this and how some of the daughters came to exist.