- Audience-Alienating Premise: It's a The Loud House AU where Lincoln impregnated his sisters. Of course, not that it ever intended to attract a mainstream audience.
- Bile Fascination: Unless you're a member of fandom who doesn't mind the incest, you'll very likely only be curious about the sin kids out of disgust of the mere thought.
- Broken Base:
- Back when the sin kids fandom began, there wasn't too much to talk about, but after the topic of incest became more and more popular, it was treated as a cancer in every place where The Loud House was discussed. It divided the show's fandom in half and drove those who didn't mind the Original Characters to create their own places of discussion, in 4chan, Discord and their own Booru.
- There's something of a fracture within the fanbase itself. There are those who enjoy only the stories or fanart which are solely Porn Without Plot. There are those who only focus on the Porn with Plot elements (especially the potential emotional beats that can be achieved with such subject matter, good or ill, in the name of drama). There are some who enjoy some of all of it and treat it as a case-by-case basis.
- Darkness-Induced Audience Apathy: Many people (both in and out of the Sin Kids fandom) feel this way about a high number of fanworks in the AU depicting the characters acting very bitter towards one another, which would be fine if it was limited to the fanworks that deconstruct the concept of the Sin Kids, but even ones that don't often feature the characters acting like unlikable jerks to one another for no good reason, making it very hard to care about any of them.
- Ensemble Dark Horse:
- Lupa in the early days; being one of the first sin kids created, she gained popularity thanks to her hilariously apathetic personality and Sibling Yin-Yang with Liby and Lacy. Now that she has become a Breakout Character, it's arguable if she still qualifies as an ensemble darkhorse.
- Lemy became popular for, at the time of his introduction, being the only male sin kid and essentially being a jerkass, metalhead version of Lincoln. Like Lupa, Lemy eventually became a Breakout Character, so his status as an ensemble darkhorse is now ambiguous.
- Lyle has been getting some love thanks to his design and generally being one of the few male fankids.
- Lina, the offspring of Sam and Lincoln, has been getting recognition, and has a lot of fan art and content.
- Fandom-Specific Plot:
- Lyra trying to protect Lemy's virginity and innocence.
- Lupa wanting to have sex with Lincoln.
- Lyra having issues with her mom due to their differences.
- Lacy deciding to quit sports or not have them as a priority much to the dismay of Lynn.
- Some or all sin kids discovering or being told who's their father.
- Incest Yay Shipping: An (in)famous case in the The Loud House fanbase.
- Jerkass Woobie: Lemy. He ain't no saint, but it's not hard to feel bad for him after a while since he seems to be the main punching bag among the sin kids.
- My Real Daddy: Lots of fans (including detractors) consider fanartist JumpJump to be the original creator of the sin siblings and the one who helped the concept spread beyond Tumblr. And even with some knowing the true original source most consider JumpJump to be the one who made the concept popular thanks to his comics, and his take on the designs became the traditional look that many fantartists would adapt in their versions.
- Narm Charm: Lincoln impregnating ALL of his sisters, which is even narmier if you consider the other non-main OC's canon. Its sooo over the top in how it pretty much takes Lincoln's fandom plot as The Casanova and runs with it so far one can't help but find it humorous.
- Ship-to-Ship Combat: Averted. Due to the ships' very controversial reputation within the fandom and outside of it, Loudcest shippers tend to be friendly with each other. Crossover fanart of Lincoln's incest daughters and normal offsprings exist, bringing the two together as even ships of Lincoln with other girls (such as Carol, Sam, Ronnie Anne or Becky) or women tend to be controversial as well despite not being as notorious.
- True Art Is Angsty: For the Porn with Plot fans especially, a big draw of the AU are stories that deal with the implications of such incestuous relationships and how they affect both the parent and child characters in realistic manner. Whether the stories end on a low note or hopeful one for those involved depends on the writer in question.
- The Woobie: All the sin kids can end up like this depending on the fanfic or fanart, but the most common ones are:
- Loan has it the worst of all. While all the kids usually have some form of issue, it's mostly an emotional one in the form of angst. Loan is the one who as a rule has various psychological disorders, nor is it uncommon for her to be the one most likely (if not the only one) to have suffered some form of abuse (be it at Lori's hands or someone else's, intentional or not).
- Lyra is a Christian girl in an AU were usually everybody has incestuous relationships, which often puts a strain on her relationship with her family, especially with her mom and dad if/when she learns the truth.
- What Do You Mean, It's Not for Kids?: Well... Duh.
YMMV / Sin Kids AU