Object Invasion is an object show which began on Scratch on January 30, 2016, but then got rebooted and started airing on YouTube on July 2nd, 2016. It was created by FusionAnimations, who also made The Daily Object Show.
As the show's lore goes, the Earth suffered a total extinction due to mass radiation. Sometime after the catastrophe and life returns to the planet, new intelligent life arose in the form of evolved inanimate objects, which rebuilt the world to a state of normal.
The show takes place in the year of 6000, where a group of 25 objects competes to win a billion dollars. The show mostly follows iPad, the show's host, who had a dark past that's catching up to him.
Episodes of Object Invasion can be viewed here.
Object Invasion provides examples of:
- Added Alliterative Appeal: The team names have got this going on which includes Mindless Mutated Mangoes, Steaming Sandstorms of Rage, Aquatic Avocados, Dreaming Dragons and Winning Whales.
- A Dog Named "Dog": The objects are named what they are as typical for any object show.
- Animate Inanimate Object: Like almost every object show ever made. The show's lore explains why this trope is played: sometime after the catastrophe that wiped the Earth clean of life, objects have evolved to become living beings. These newly-sediment objects would restore the world to its proper state.
- Anthropomorphic Food: Around half the cast is this which isn't surprising considering it's an object show.note
- Apocalypse How: Class 6. The show takes place after the Earth was temporarily wiped clean of life by mass radiation. In short, the show takes place on a post-apocalyptic Earth.
- Armless Biped: A good portion of the contestants are this.note
- Art Evolution: Compared the first episode to the latest episode, you'll be surprised.
- Audience Participation: Up until episode 6, the viewers were able to vote on who gets the prize and who was to be eliminated. After that, it became contestant voting.
- Big Bad: If you're gonna consider Mace as this, go right ahead.
- Death Is Cheap: By means of a recovery center.
- Early Installment Weirdness:
- Eject the Loser: Via a Wrecking Ball and onto a monochrome deserted island.
- Loads and Loads of Characters: 26 in total. Wowzers.
- Nightmare Face: Ethan. Jesus Christ.
- Spontaneous Generation: The object race evolved from non-sentient objects and became living beings sometime after the wipe-out of every living species on Earth.