Ace Attorney: Shattered Glass is a fangame based on the Ace Attorney series. It was created using the Ace Attorney Online trial editor. An Alternate Universe Fic, in which Miles Edgeworth is a fledgling defense attorney working under defense attorney, Manfred von Karma. The first episode, "Turnabout Reversal," is a reimagining of the first case of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney; however, according to Word of God, for the first few cases, you can expect to see some familiar faces with different roles, but as the series continues, it will branch out into completely different scenarios.
Ace Attorney: Shattered Glass contains examples of:
- Age Lift: Ema Skye is about the same age as Miles Edgeworth.
- Anti-Villain: Larry accidentally killed Cindy in self-defense. The only reason he framed Frank Sawhit for the murder was because he forgot his keys while fleeing the scene, then panicked when he found Sahwit in the apartment when he came back for them.
- Alternate Universe Fic: Miles Edgeworth and Manfred von Karma are defense attorneys, Gregory Edgeworth was a prosecutor, Ema Skye is roughly the same age as Miles, Dick Gumshoe is a private investigator, and Winston Payne, while still a prosecutor, looks like he did in Apollo Justice.
- Asshole Victim: Cindy Stone in this continuity was physically abusive to Larry Butz. He unintentionally killed her in an act of self-defense after she sliced his hand with a steak knife.
- Courtroom Antics: It's an Ace Attorney fan game. What else would you expect?
- Double Standard: Abuse, Female on Male: Part of the reason why Cindy was accidentally killed in self defense was because none of Larry's friends took the abuse seriously when he told them about it. And as he was as a result convinced nobody would see him as a genuine victim, he panicked and resorted to tampering with the crime scene and framing Frank in order to avoid going to jail rather than being honest about what happened in the hopes of the court understanding his circumstances.
- Gameplay and Story Segregation: If you should happen to burn out your penalty meter, your client will receive a guilty verdict. However, von Karma obtained affidavits from several people who knew the victim was subject to violent mood swings. He had planned on using them as a trump card in case Miles screwed up. This, of course, doesn't happen if you screw up for real though, since that would spoil the plot.
- Idiosyncratic Episode Naming: As per the majority of the canon games, the case contains the word "turnabout" in the title.
- Ship Tease: Ema's not too happy about being called into court at the last minute; however, her mood brightens up once she sees Miles is there. She still has an appointment to keep though, so her patience has its limits.
- Shout-Out: Several
- The title itself is a shout out to Transformers: Shattered Glass, an Alternate Universe where the Decepticons are good, and the Autobots are evil.
- The game takes place in The United States of Japan.
- Franziska von Karma is mentioned to be studying in Amestris. In the prequel teaser, you can see Ema perform alchemy.
- Winston Payne can mention that he once went up against a rookie Ben Matlock.
- The prequel teaser has a portrait of Beatrice in the lobby.
- Take That!: Don't ask von Karma what he thinks of super objections, a staple of some of the harder cases on Ace Attorney Online.
- The Hero: Miles Edgeworth.
- Who Names Their Kid "Dude"?: Edgeworth can't fathom what Winston Payne's parents were thinking when they named him.