As in the original, a four-person team of investigators is searching an abandoned area for clues as to what happened there, while trying to avoid a supernatural creature who's trying to eat them.
However, this being a sequel, there are of course additions made to the game. In this one, a fifth player takes the role of the creature and is tasked with protecting the clues and attacking the investigators. The creature can summon totems that will warn them when the investigators are nearby, and can sabotage their flashlights to make it easier to attack them.
The game was released on April 7th, 2017.
White Noise 2 contains examples of:
- Artifact of Doom: In this game, one of these is the reason the creature can exist and attack people. Destroying it will banish the creature.
- Asymmetric Multiplayer: Of course.
- Black Eyes of Evil: One of the creatures, Olkoth, has black eyes with yellow irises.
- Expy: One of the new investigators, Vincent, is basically Vincent Price.
- Eyeless Face: Subject 23, the returning creature from the original game, has no eyes.
- '50s Hair: Chuck has a pompadour.
- Haunted House: Usher Manor, which was built by Darcy, and sold to Vincent.
- In the Hood: Denali's default and hipster outfits have her wearing a hoodie.
- Mutant: Morgul, one of the supernatural creatures.
- Pointy Ears: One of the ghosts, Darcy, has these.
- Shout-Out: The hair of new investigator, Maria, is pretty much Rose Quartz's.
- Weakened by the Light: Light will temporarily stun the creature, which is how to rescue fellow investigators from it when it attacks.
- You Are Number 6: The returning supernatural creature from the first game is called "Subject 23".
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: One of the new investigators, Maria, has a head of pink curly hair.