A simulation/RPG game, seemingly destined to become a cult classic, wherein you run a magic school, train students in the art of combat magic, and try not to get fired.
Valthirian Arc 1 contains examples of:
- Black Magician Girl: Sorceresses
- Cold Sniper: Gunslingers
- Dual Wielding: Duelists use twin blades
- Elite Army: Dragoons are canonically this
- Fantasy Gun Control: Averted, gunslingers are a class
- Foregone Conclusion: Unless you're playing on sandbox mode, you will eventually fall behind on your fame quotas. What you want to see is how long you can last, and how epic you can get your top-level students to be.
- Guys Smash, Girls Shoot: Although more along the lines of "guys smash and shoot, girls cast"
- Lightning Bruiser: Duelists
- Made of Iron: Magilancers and dragoons both make for excellent tanks
- Magic Knight: Magilancers and, to a lesser extent, dragoons
- Magic Staff: Mana scholars wield them
- Manual Leader, A.I. Party: How hunt missions work
- Mars-and-Venus Gender Contrast: You cannot make female students into warriors, or male students into mages. The game just doesn't allow that.
- White Magician Girl: Mirage casters