Spidersaurs is a Run-and-Gun shooter game by WayForward Technologies. Originally an Apple Arcade exclusive from 2019, it has since been released on the Nintendo Switch, Steam, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S on July 14th, 2022.
In an effort to solve world hunger, InGest Corp creates a new food source which suddenly goes horribly wrong when said food source becomes a hybrid of half-spider, half-dinosaur monsters that are now on the loose. The only ones who can stop them now are punk rocker Victoria and officer-in-training Adrian.
This game provides examples of:
- Action Girl: Victoria, who uses her electric guitar to fight the Spidersaurs.
- Big Bad: At first it appears to be the Queen Spidersaur, but later revealed to be Dr. Aracha Sorez.
- Mad Scientist: Aracha is revealed to be behind the entire scheme, so she can create the Ultimate Life Form.
- One-Winged Angel: Aracha becomes the Ultimate Life Form for the final battle.
- Punny Name: Aracha Sorez. First name is one letter off from Arachna, meaning Spiders, while the last sounds like Saurs, or dinosaurs.