The main premise of the game is that the Japanese mega pop-star Toshi-san, who loves to dance, has forgotten how to walk. Your objective is simple: shoot the blocks in such a way to get Toshi to the green dance floor unscathed. But watch out, Toshi is quite fragile, and also does not know how to swim properly. Tap the screen to shoot the blocks but remember not to shoot Toshi. Be warned, this can quickly get quite tricky - especially if you want to obtain the best star rankings by using the least number of shots (from 1 to 3 to beyond if exceptional). Will you be able to complete all the levels?
The demo containing the first 40 levels of this game can be found online at Kongregate.
Tropes present in Save Toshi:
- And Your Reward Is Clothes: For every level pack completed, Toshi obtains new clothing and a new color scheme. Though, the color scheme can only be used on the level pack of which it was gained on.
- Excuse Plot: As stated previously in the description, the main plot is that Toshi has forgotten how to walk, and you must guide her to the dance floor without killing her.
- Exploding Barrels: Or in this case, exploding red blocks.
- Frictionless Ice: Completely averted. Ice blocks do have much less friction then normal blocks but, will eventually bring the object(s) traveling on top of it to a halt.
- Difficulty Spike: Compared to the first level pack, the second level pack really ups the ante on difficulty.
- Nintendo Hard: Some of the later puzzles can become rather nasty or complicated.
- One-Hit-Point Wonder: One hit, and Toshi's a goner. Strangely enough, she can take direct hits from high speed blocks with nary a scratch.
- Super Drowning Skills: Apparently, in addition to forgetting how to walk, Toshi has forgotten how to swim or even stay afloat.
- Video Game Cruelty Potential: It's possible to rapidly shoot and kill Toshi repeatedly, or even indirectly knock her into the water.