Religious Idle is an Idle Game by Kodiqi released in 2018. It involves you starting a religion and trying to convert all 7500000000 people on Earth to it. This involves building lots of places of worship, upgrading your propaganda, and taking down the other eight common religions and atheism in your way.
This game provides examples of:
- Battle Rapping: The battle with Scientology involves rapping against Tom Cruise, with your arguments based on mocking his old age and his about your religion being a sham.
- Bittersweet Ending: Continuing the religion results in you making the religion more glorious than ever and a shining beacon of hope, but with your death it eventually dwindles, with zealots fighting over it, and it gets considered ridiculous a few generations later, with a new religion taking its place.
- Drawing Straws: The battle against a non-believer involves drawing straws, though the short one decides the winner here. You both keep drawing long straws until you eventually get the short one.
- Downer Ending: Admitting your religion was a lie results in you getting killed, with your corpse discarded like garbage. Zealots fight over leadership, but the religion's grip over the world is lost. Other religions see a resurgence with new ones appearing, but many people turn away from religion entirely. Ultimately, the religion is considered a dark time for humanity, like the black plague or putting cream on carbonara sauce.
- Heads or Tails?: The final battle of your religion and Christianity is a coin toss. You pick heads and you win, securing world domination by doing so.
- Hello, [Insert Name Here]: You can name the religion, god, zealots and other things whatever you'd like, with in-game text changed to refer to them.
- Last-Second Ending Choice: Right after conquering the planet, you have two endings to choose from: one in which you agree that you believe in your religion and one in which you reveal it was all a lie.
- Lethal Chef: The battle with shinto involves a cooking contest against Iron Chef. You both make horrible food which makes the judges ill, but one of your zealot bribed the judges and you win.
- Loot Boxes: The video game propaganda upgrade partially involves "multiplayer loot boxes."
- Poor, Predictable Rock: Subverted. The RPS contest between you and the Bhikkhu has you throw rock three times. For the first time Bhikkhu picks paper making the match 1-0 for him, then he picks scissors making it 1-1, then you ultimately decide whether you should stick with rock and you do. Seeing as your opponent goes with scissors again, it's a 2-1 victory for you.
- Sigil Spam: The game mentions that the symbol you pick for your religion will be put on bumper stickers, jewelry, and prison tattoos.
- Telepathy: Telepathy is the ultimate propaganda upgrade, allowing you to convert almost anyone on the planet to your religion.