From there the player is free to tackle story missions against boss characters, take part in special events and battle other players in online ranked tournaments. The game is free to play and boasts a wide range of features that are constantly being updated, such as full avatar customization and different affiliations to join.
Prominence Poker provides examples of:
- And Your Reward Is Clothes:
- Progressing and earning reputation with affiliations will often unlock new clothing items for your character to wear.
- An update also added loot cases which can contain clothing as a prize.
- Badass Biker: The Clubs gang.
- Booze-Based Buff: Alcoholic items can be bought to increase Reputation gains. The game has everything from bottles of beer and shots of tequila all the way up to fancy (and expensive) drink cocktails.
- Dead Man's Hand: The game has an achievement for getting the Dead Man's Hand cards as your hole cards.
- The Mafia: The Hearts gang.
- The Mafiya: The Spades gang.
- Play Every Day: The game heavily encourages this by giving daily chip rewards and having the store change its inventory along with offering sales. There are also daily events that give special bonuses that occur on different days of the week.
- Purely Aesthetic Gender: The only thing gender really affects are what clothing options are available to the player.
- Samus Is a Girl: The Beast appears at first to be a large intimidating man...who is quickly shoved aside by a skinny woman named Alice, who is the real leader.
- Smoking Is Cool: Similar to the Alcohol booster items are various smokes players can equip, such as cigarettes, cigars and even e-cigs.
- Tattooed Crook: All of the characters are criminals and many of them have tattoos.
- Umbrella Drink:
- The Fuzzy Nut table item. The Tourist Tea with which players start out may also count, though it might not actually be alcoholic.
- A later update to the game added AMF, Disco Lemonade, Pink Lady and Mojito cocktails as loot case items, all of which share a similar Umbrella Drink design, but are different colors.
- Virtual Paper Doll: The game has a fairly detailed avatar creator and tons of different clothing and hair style options.
- Yakuza: The Diamonds gang.