GIRP is a Flash-based Sports Game by foddy based on climbing a tall rock structure that is sinking into the ocean. The protagonist, an un-named red-headed climber, must fight against a white bird as he reaches for a mysterious prize at the top. It can be played for free here
This game contains examples of:
- Extremity Extremist: The protagonist can only control his arms.
- Multiple Endings: Either the bird steals the prize or you get it... and said prize is rather undesirable.
- Nintendo Hard: You move each muscle group in the protagonist's arms through pressing a separate button, yet must get all of them to work together, and actually achieving this coordination is very difficult.
- Ragdoll Physics: The way you move, through controlling each muscle group in the arms, which often results in them twisting at unnatural angles.
- Spiritual Successor: To QWOP, for being based on the idea that controlling basic human motions is difficult.
- Sports Game: In this case the sport is rock climbing.
- Super Drowning Skills: The fate of your climber if he ends up in the water.
- Timed Mission: The rock structure is slowly, but steadily, sinking into the ocean.
- A Winner Is You: Reaching the top concludes with either the bird stealing the prize, or finding out that the prize box contains something worthless regardless.