Here, players take on the mantle of being adventurers who take on quests and go on dungeon runs to become stronger and obtain better equipment and familiars (or pets). Players can also compete in PVP or trials for some extra rewards. Moroever, players can form guilds with friends in order to accrude guild points which can be used for purchase useful items, or more importantly, gain valuable assistance during the dungeons and raids.
This game can be played for free here.
Bit Heroes provides examples of:
- An Adventurer Is You: All players are dungeon crawlers who are looking to become stronger and obtain more treasures. At least, from what's implied.
- Anti Poop-Socking: There are energy (for PVE content) and stamina (for PVP content) systems in place. Every adventure or dungeon requires the expendature of energy, and it slowly regenerates over time. The same applies for the PVP system and stamina, as well as the Trials and tokens. The only other alternatives are using an energy-restoring item, or purchasing a refill from the cash shop.
- Bag of Holding: A player can hold an infinite amount of gear and items in their bag.
- Bigfoot, Sasquatch, and Yeti: The boss of the Yeti's Tundra dungeon is a Yeti.
- Bribing Your Way to Victory: Players can purchase gems with real world currency. These are used in the cash shop for a variety of things such as energy/stamina refills, boosts, treasure chests, runes, and a few other items. Gems can also be gotten as a daily reward, event award, bounty completion reward, adventure reward, PVP/Trials reward, or in the dungeons themeselves in random treasure chests.
- Character Customization: Allows a player to tweak their hairstyle/color, shirt, pants, and shoes.
- Death Is a Slap on the Wrist: If a player's entire party is wiped out, they are sent back to the town without any losses barring any items or energy expended.
- Dem Bones: There are several skeleton-type enemies in this game. Several can be recruited.
- Dungeon Crawling: The meat of the gameplay.
- Equipment Upgrade: All pieces of equipment can be upgraded a number of times based on their quality. These are once for common gear, twice for rare gear, three times for epic gear, and four times for legendary gear. The bonuses for higher qualityequipment tend to be better than their lower quality counterparts, but cost more and rarer resources in order to do so.
- Giant Mook: Several bosses are large-sized versions of the regular enemies.
- Heal Thyself: With staves and certain other equipment, players have the ability to heal themselves while in battle.
- Heroic Mime: When talking with monsters or Non Player Characters, the player characters always speak in "..." or nothing at all.
- Inexplicable Treasure Chests: Players can find bags or chests containing gold or items in the dungeons.
- Level Grinding: Due to there being a difficulty increase between adventures in different areas, it's necessary to grind out some extra levels, and attain better equipment and pets so that a player can survive. Crosses over to Forced Level-Grinding territory if the player cannot find better gear and pets due to the random drops, and if they cannot find higher-level friends for the more challenging dungeons and raids.
- Monster Allies: One of the main mechanics of this title is recruiting monsters or familiars as allies. Essentially, for every encounter, players have a particular chance of encountering a familiar who can be recruited. This chance can be raised by using items as well as playing through harder dungeons. They then have the option of bribing the monster for a set amount of gold or gems based on the monster's tier. The higher the tier, the higher the payment. Using gold will only grant a percentage chance of success, while using gems will always grant 100% success.
- Play Every Day:
- Logging in every day will grant a player a free item. The more consecutive days a player is logged in, the better the reward. Though, the rewards reset after 10 consecutive days.
- Every 24 hours, there are 2 new bounties added to the bounty board, up to a max of 10 at a time. These can be quite lucrative, with rewards ranging from gold to items to gems.
- Point Build System: For every level, players gain 1 stat point to add to Attack, Health, or Speed. Attack boosts the power of attacks and several skills, Health increases the player's max health, and Speed increases the rate at which a player can get their next turn.
- Purely Aesthetic Gender: Played completely straight, as there are no stat or equipment differences.
- No Plot? No Problem!: After finishing a short guided tutorial, players are dropped onto the world with no ongoing story. The only tidbits of lore are present in the mission objectives.
- Slippy-Slidey Ice World: The Wintermarsh region. However, there's nothing slippery.