Hi there! I'm The Wild West Pyro. I joined TV Tropes because...well, there was something very addicting about it, and I needed to recommend a fanfic for Team Fortress 2. I was one of the players/Metaguards in The Wall Will Fall ARG.
My hobbies consist of reading, drawing, listening to music and gaming. I'm a history major too. Military history is my main area of focus (particularly guerrilla warfare, small arms, logistics and leadership styles), and some conflicts that I enjoy studying are the Second Sino-Japanese War, The Mexican Revolution, the Cuban Revolution, the Spanish Civil War and The Vietnam War. I'm also generally interested in modern history as well, with my focus revolving around the world from the 1910s to the 1970s.
Regarding tropes, I'll be most active on the Cool Guns page, as I, well, really like guns and often add pictures to the subpages. I'll also be active on the trope page of whatever work of fiction or historical period interests me at the moment.
I was born in Hong Kong and spent most of my life there. I'm currently attending college in the US.
Tropes that fit me:
- Book Worm: Even though gaming is fun, reading is still my favorite hobby.
- Bottomless Magazines: Subverted. I carry massive amounts of ammunition in my storage deck instead, and still need to reload.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: I am one, as a Metaguard and in Real Life, although the latter is way more calm.
- Cool Horse: One of my Metaguard powers is to summon a very friendly and cheerful white horse named Basil, who shares the same immunities as me. He can also set himself on fire to look intimidating.
- Depleted Phlebotinum Shells: I can imbue bullets and shotgun shells with a small amount of fire energy to make them more powerful.
- Genre Savvy: Well, reading TV Tropes a lot comes to this!
- Handwraps of Awesome: On my Metaguard character, made of leather and fireproof too.
- Immune to Bullets: Downplayed. While my Metaguard character is completely bulletproof, this means gunfire slows me down, and can render me unable to move if the gunfire is heavy enough. But I'm completely immune to the many harmful effects of fire and heat-based weapons, such as lasers. Otherwise, my Metaguard character is vulnerable to everything else that can kill humans.
- Knows the Ropes: A flaming lasso that can be used for disarming, tripping or restraining opponents, plus serving as a proper rope. This hangs outside the storage deck on a belt. The flames are non-lethal and purely for aesthetic. Usually.
- Playing with Fire: My Metaguard character has complete control of fire, from creating simple fireballs to manipulating fire to only harm enemies or a specific target, and generate heat underwater. I can even take on the very form of fire itself, usually to hide, or frighten even the nastiest enemies into surrender or death. However, the larger the fire grows, the more likely that drastic Sanity Slippage is about to occur.
- Revolvers Are Just Better + Shotguns Are Just Better: Agreed!
- Weapon of Choice: I actually have multiple ones, most inside a storage deck.
- A M1911A1 as my regular sidearm. For heavier firepower, there's a Colt Single Action Army in .45 Colt.
- An AKM as my primary weapon. It has a rubber recoil pad for better handling, a side mounted Picatinny rail for a M68 CCO, a modified safety, trigger, magazine release, and rear sight, and feeds from lighter orange bakelite magazines.
- A M1 Garand in 7.62x51mm NATO for long-range combat, also with a rubber recoil pad. The M5A1 bayonet can be attached for urban and jungle combat, or detached for use as a combat knife.
- The Shotgun from Team Fortress 2, repurposed for monster hunting. It can be converted to fire a wide variety of loads (including explosive rounds) to slay vampires, werewolves, mummies and other horrors.
- The Deimos Crossbow from Ghost Recon Wildlands when I need to get stealthy.
VandalizationHello there Pyro :D ~ Scarab
- HELLO RABBY!
- THANKS VIC! :)