Hi there! I'm The Wild West Pyro. I joined TV Tropes because...well, there was something very addicting about it, and I needed to recommend a fanfic for Team Fortress 2. I was one of the players/Metaguards in The Wall Will Fall ARG.
My hobbies consist of reading, drawing, listening to music and gaming. I'm a history buff too. Military history is one of my main areas of focus (particularly guerrilla tactics, small arms, logistics and leadership styles), and some areas that I'm interested in are the Second Sino-Japanese War, The Korean War and The Vietnam War. I'm also generally interested in modern history as well, with my focus revolving around the world from the 1910s to the 1970s.
Regarding tropes, I'll be most active on the Cool Guns page, as I, well, really like guns and often add pictures to the subpages. I'll also be active on the trope page of whatever work of fiction or historical period interests me at the moment.
I was born in Hong Kong and spent most of my life there. I'm currently attending college in America.
Tropes that fit me:
- Book Worm: Even though gaming is fun, reading is still my favorite hobby.
- Bottomless Magazines: Downplayed. Only my crossbow has infinite ammunition, and doesn't need reloading at all.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: I am one, as a Metaguard and in Real Life, although the latter is way more calm.
- Cool Horse: One of my Metaguard powers is to summon a very friendly and cheerful white mustang named Basil, who shares the same immunities as me. He is also The Casanova with mares. This is more of a hindrance, though, because it always results in him wandering off to flirt.
- Genre Savvy: Well, reading TV Tropes a lot comes to this!
- Handwraps of Awesome: On my Metaguard character, made of leather and fireproof too.
- Immune to Bullets: Downplayed. While my Metaguard character is completely bulletproof, this means gunfire slows me down, and can render me unable to move if the gunfire is heavy enough. But I'm completely immune to fire damage and most heat-based weapons, such as lasers. Otherwise, my Metaguard character is vulnerable to everything else that can physically harm humans.
- Playing with Fire: My Metaguard character has complete control of fire, from creating simple fireballs to stopping volcanic eruptions. I can also manipulate fire to only harm enemies or a specific target. I can also generate heat underwater.
- Revolvers Are Just Better + Shotguns Are Just Better: Agreed!
- Weapon of Choice: I have several, most inside a storage deck.
- A Colt Single Action Army in .45 Colt as my main sidearm. If I need a faster reload and more rounds, I'll use a Glock 21SF.
- A UMP45 for More Dakka, with a holographic sight and vertical foregrip.
- A Winchester M1894 in .45 Colt for personal defense, fighting on horseback, and whenever a lighter rifle suits the situation.
- A M1 Garand in .30-06 Springfield as my default primary weapon. The M5A1 bayonet can be attached if needed.
- The Shotgun from Team Fortress 2, repurposed for monster hunting. It can be converted to fire a wide variety of loads for destroying demons, vampires, werewolves, mummies and other horrors.
- Van Helsing's Automatic Crossbow when something is Immune to Bullets and immune to fire, or Fantasy Gun Control is in place.
- My melee weapon, as created by Rabby, is a flaming lasso that can be used for mundane uses and combat ones, such as disarming, tripping or restraining opponents. This one hangs on a belt.
VandalisationHello there Pyro :D ~ Scarab
- HELLO RABBY!
- THANKS VIC! :)