Been editing for a while now, and lurking even longer.
Feel free to add comments, in the tropes or just below, provided you sign them.
Greetings from a fellow newbie! ~Godnat
- Forgiveness: Forgiveness is not earned; it is given.
- The Ojou: Can often be an annoying character, but for some reason, I tend to not mind.
- Precision F-Strike: Same technique can be applied to other things, like lewd jokes.
- Redemption Equals Life
- The Scrappy: Often but not always a necessary evil character who's actually quite interesting, like Quattro, Miko Miyazaki, Ume Shiraumenote , Kyubey, the first appearance of Chibi-Usa, Louise, Nalia, fairy companions and Scrapper, Myron, Tira, and several Buffy the Vampire Slayer characters on the Scrappy page.
- Theme Music Power-Up
- The Trickster: This combined with an archetype I already like likely means instant favourite character.
- Tsundere: It's a basic archetype that easily provides multi-dimensional characters.
- Cluster F-Bomb
- Double Standard: Abuse, Female on Male, when it's caused by:
- Clingy Jealous Girls: This is one of the first indicators that I probably won't like the character.
- Pervert Revenge Mode: For clear accidents. A sincere apology afterwards can make up for it, though.
- Unprovoked Pervert Payback: This one is especially bad.
- Obligatory Swearing
- Redemption Equals Death: It's usually a waste of a redemption, a character, and interesting plot possibilities.
- Fake Difficulty: Too much whining.
- Faux Action Girl: Too much whining about Action Girls who once were rescued by a male.
- Guide Dang It!: Too much whining (notice a pattern?) about puzzles you actually have to think about. The horror.
- Incredibly Lame Pun
- Precision F-Strike: Too many potholes, like one relating to Penn And Teller Bullshit.
- Tsundere: Apparently, being embarrassed about liking someone makes you a tsundere. The trope is watered down to meaninglessness.
- Unfortunate Implication: Anything that can possibly be interpreted as offensive fall here. Another watered-down-to-meaningless trope.