- Creator Backlash: Eliza Dushku was incredibly annoyed at how idiotic her character was being written; she had signed on under the belief it would be another Extraordinarily Empowered Girl show. The scripts constantly wrote Tru as being bewildered, overwhelmed or shocked - but never confident or sure of herself.
- Hostility on the Set: Zach Galifianakis was never fond of the show, even while making it; reports indicated that he would be apathetic during script reading sessions or openly mock the quality of the writing.
- Missing Episode: The final episode wasn't seen by fans in America until Season 2 was released on DVD, because the season was postponed until spring (the episode was set around Christmas).
- Old Shame: Zach Galifianakis apparently hated the show to the point that it caused him to be a huge Jerkass on the set.
- Playing Against Type: The comedian Zach Galifianakis in a rare dramatic role.
- Screwed by the Network: Slotted against CSI and Survivor, cancelled six episodes into the second season, which was then postponed for months - and then the final episode went completely unaired until the Sci-Fi channel picked up the series. One of the worst treatments of a good Spec-Fi show since Firefly... probably less surprising when you learn they aired about a year or two apart on the same network.
- Worse, it was initially renewed for a thirteen episode season two. Then the order was cut to about half, and then it was dropped from the schedule. Six months later, they air a couple episodes back to back, then pull the show entirely.
- Wag the Director: According to her mother, Eliza Dushku refused to do a scene where Tru doesn't know what a map is and needs a man's help.
- What Could Have Been:
- Jensen Ackles was originally going to play Jensen, but had to drop out due to his then-commitment to Smallville. The character ended up named after him.
- Eliza Dushku had to choose between this show and a spinoff for her Buffyverse character, Faith.
- The original pilot included a male friend for Tru, implied to have an attraction to her. He was mostly cut out of the finished pilot and not part of the series.
- Word of God: After the show was canceled, one screenwriter posted four liveblog journals detailing the direction the second season arcs were going.
Trivia / Tru Calling