- Box Office Bomb: Budget, $43 million. Box office, $23.3 million.
- Creator Killer: The screenwriter for this film, Valerie Curtin, never wrote another script, although her divorce from Barry Levinson may have had something to do with that. This film, by way of being overshadowed by Aladdin and some of the circumstances surrounding it, was also one of the factors that crushed studio chairman Jeffrey Katzenberg's tenure at Disney.
- The Danza: Nurse Debbie is played by Debi Mazar.
- Dyeing for Your Art: Robin Williams is blond in this movie. To this day no explanation has been given, although it could be to underscore Leslie's childlike personality.
- Williams, according to sources, wanted to be the next Willy Wonka with Toys. The blond hair may well have been his tribute to Gene Wilder.
- Tagline: In the US and Canada: "Laughter is a state of mind," as shown on the main page image. Many remaining parts of the Anglosphere got a better one: "Make Believe, Not War."
- Troubled Production: Toys was Barry Levinson's pet project for over a decade.
Trivia / Toys