- Box Office Bomb: Budget, $43 million. Box office, $23.3 million.
- Completely Different Title:
- Brazil: The Toy Uprising
- Germany: Deadly Toy
- Greece: Games
- Poland: Little Toys
- Taiwan: Toy Corps
- Creator Killer: The screenwriter for this film, Valerie Curtin, never wrote another script, although her divorce from Barry Levinson may have had something to do with that. This film, by way of being overshadowed by Aladdin and some of the circumstances surrounding it, was also one of the factors that crushed studio chairman Jeffrey Katzenberg's tenure at Disney.
- The Danza: Nurse Debbie is played by Debi Mazar.
- Dyeing for Your Art: Robin Williams is blond in this movie. To this day no explanation has been given, although it could be to underscore Leslie's childlike personality.
- Williams, according to sources, wanted to be the next Willy Wonka with Toys. The blond hair may well have been his tribute to Gene Wilder.
- Extremely Lengthy Creation: It took writer, producer, and director Barry Levinson over ten years to develop this movie. It took ten months to shoot. In fact, this was supposed to have been his directorial debut.
- Follow the Leader: Robin Williams was reportedly very attracted to the role because he felt it would do for him what Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory did for Gene Wilder.
- The Foreign Subtitle:
- Portugal: Toys: Dream Maker
- Spain: Toys (Making Illusions)
- Harpo Does Something Funny: The scene with Leslie Zevo addressing his troops was ad-libbed. Barry Levinson kept a camera rolling everytime Robin Williams was on-set.
Trivia / Toys