- Actor-Shared Background: Bibi is Canadian, just like her actress Catherine Mary Stewart.
- Box Office Bomb: While not having an explicitly stated box office gross, it is widely acknowledged that the $10 million production flopped.
- California Doubling: The film is shot in Berlin, obviously so, but pretends really, really hard to be set in various places on the American east and west coast. Those familiar with the city might recognize the concert venue in the opening scenes as the Internationales Congress Centrum, a futuristic-looking conference centre located in the borough of Charlottenburg-Wilmersdorf.
- Creator Backlash:
- A minor case. While Coby and Iris Recht, who wrote all the film's music and songs along with the original storyline, didn't completely hate the end result, it was pretty far removed from what they originally intended. The duo only had a very limited grasp of English, and so didn't realize just what bizarre directions Golan was taking the film in until they saw an assembly cut.
- Golan himself was nearly Driven to Suicide by the scathing reaction the film received at the premiere — where the audience was given free soundtrack albums, and reportedly threw them at the screen at the end of the film.
- Creator Killer: Cannon Records didn't release any other albums besides this movie's soundtrack album.
- Cut Song: The film was originally to open with a song, "Creation", sung by Mr. Topps and Mr. Boogalow and set in the Garden of Eden where Alphie was created. The sequence makes the film's ending make a lot more sense, as in the finished film Mr. Topps only shows up in the final scene and creates a literal Deus ex Machina. While the song was filmed, it was cut due to the disastrous nature of the shoot which included multiple injuries and a set so small none of the choreography worked.
- Market-Based Title: Released in Britain as Star Rock.
- Non-Singing Voice: Catherine Mary Stewart auditioned to be one of the dancers, but Coby Recht immediately saw her in the line up and insisted to Golan that she was perfect for Bibi. Unfortunately, Recht discovered Stewart was not able to actually sing, and he lied to get her hired anyway. Eventually Golan learned the truth and while Stewart worked with a vocal coach who thought she was capable of taking the part, the producers ended up deciding to fly out professional singer Mary Hylan to sing all of Bibi's songs, which Stewart would later lip sync to for the filming.
- Old Shame: Grace Kennedy's official website doesn't mention it.note It does mention she appeared on Magnum, P.I.note and had her own series on The BBC in The '80s.)
- One-Book Author: George Gilmour (Alphie) hasn't appeared in anything before or since.
- Star-Derailing Role: This was also the only film that Grace Kennedy ever appeared in (it might not be a coincidence that Kennedy's page on Wikipedia doesn't mention it. and one of only a few that Allan Love (Dandi) appeared in. Catherine Mary Stewart had a much lesser case of this, as she was relegated to TV roles for a few years, before getting her film career back on track with The Last Starfighter.
Trivia / The Apple