- Actor-Shared Background: Meghan Markle is biracial, as is her character, though the mixes are different —Markle's mother is black, Rachel's father is.
- California Doubling: While set in New York, the series is shot in Toronto.
- Colbert Bump: The ending song of the second episode of season 2, "Time Go" by Caught a Ghost, got a surge in popularity from appearing on the show.
- The Danza: Technically. Though she goes by her middle name, Rachel Meghan Markle as Rachel Zane.
- Real-Life Relative:
- Zoe is played by Gabriel Macht's real-life wife.
- Professor Gerrard is played by Gabriel Macht's real-life father.
- Real Life Writes the Plot: The seventh season will be Meghan Markle's last, due to her engagement to Prince Harry. Her relocation to the United Kingdom and future royal duties make it impractical for her to continue on the show. It is also Patrick J. Adams' last.
- Reality Subtext: Sarah Rafferty and Gabriel Macht have known each other for over 20 years. Hence the good acting chemistry between the two actors. Supposedly, he actually suggested her for the role of Donna.
- Star-Making Role: For Patrick J. Adams, Meghan Markle, Jessica Rafferty, Rick Hoffman and Gabriel Macht.
- What Could Have Been:
- Search for a YouTube video with the words "Jessica Pearson Phillip Hardman". The idea is that instead of the whole evil embezzling Daniel Hardman, Jessica's predecessor was one Phillip Hardman (played by Victor Garber) who simply retired and is content to live in an idyllic mansion with at least his dogs while collecting dividend checks from the firm. This means that season 2 could have been a much lighter and softer season.
- Prior to being cast in Doctor Who, Jenna Coleman tried out for the role of Rachel Zane. (Footage of Coleman's audition has circulated on YouTube.) This takes on added irony when it's noted that, prior to becoming engaged to Rachel's actress, Meghan Markle, Prince Harry was romantically linked via tabloid rumour (persistent, but debunked) to... Jenna Coleman.
Trivia / Suits