Meghan, Duchess of Sussex (born 4 August 1981 in Los Angeles, California), born Rachel Meghan Markle, is a member of The British Royal Family. Formerly an American actress best known for her role as Rachel Zane on Suits, she married Harry, Duke of Sussex, on 19 May 2018. She is from California and the first American to become a member of the British Royal Family, as well as the first bi-racial member and one of the first non-titled members to marry someone in the direct line of succession.
From a young age she has experienced showbiz, but not as part of it: she was raised in Hollywood, and at age 11 successfully campaigned to have what she viewed as a sexist television commercial cut from syndication. She hasn't slowed down since, taking on charity work in human rights-related causes all throughout her career and making it clear that she'll be using her new title to do even more for those causes.
In January 2020, she and her husband issued a statement saying they would be "stepping back" from being senior royals and living in North America part-time, but expressing a wish to represent the Queen part-time while earning money and doing work privately; the public announcement caught the Palace by surprise. After several days, it was announced that they would no longer be working members of the Royal Family or use their royal titles for any commercial purpose, while continuing with a handful of their personal patronages. The result of the end of a transition period in the spring of 2020 remains to be seen.
Works with pages on TV Tropes:
- General Hospital as Jill (2002)
- CSI: NY as Veronica Perez (2006, episode "Murder Sings the Blues")
- 90210 as Wendy (2008)
- Knight Rider as Annie Ortiz (2009, episode "Fight Knight")
- Fringe as FBI JA Amy Jessup (2009)
- The League (2009, episode "The Bounce Test")
- CSI: Miami as Officer Leah Montoya (2010, episode "Backfire")
- Remember Me as Megan (2010)
- Get Him to the Greek as Tatiana (2010)
- Horrible Bosses as Jamie (2011)
- Suits as Rachel Zane (2011 — 2018)