- Actor Allusion: It might be coincidental, but the last shot of "Shadows of the Night" when the strippers slide down the pole and stop just short of the ground looks an awful lot like a "Mission: Impossible" Cable Drop.
- All-Star Cast: Tom Cruise, Alec Baldwin, Russell Brand, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Paul Giamatti and Bryan Cranston.
- Box Office Bomb: Budget, $75 million. Box office, $59,418,613.
- California Doubling: Inverted. This is a case of someplace else doubling as California, as Hollywood even, namely Miami. Even the famous Hollywood sign was rebuilt on a landfill.
- The Danza: Paul Giamatti as Paul Gill.
- Missing Trailer Scene: Depending which trailer you watch, there is quite a prominent scene of a blonde fan running into Stacee Jaxx's backstage dressing room, ripping her top open and declaring how much she loves him as he autographs her cleavage whilst the Rolling Stone reporter who is trying to interview him watches in shocked silence. Needless to say this scene never happens in the film, but it appears on the extended cut of the film.
- Old Shame: Alec Baldwin has disowned this film, calling it a "horrible movie", and stated he only did the film just to work with its director Adam Shankman and one of its stars, Tom Cruise.
Trivia / Rock of Ages