- Banned In Germany: Totally expected. Didn't stop us from importing...
- Dueling Games: This and inFamous, which also features a man with superpowers in a New York-like city with Le Parkour, and which came out a few weeks earlier. Do not mention one on a forum for the other.
- Yahtzee reviewed both, and decided to compare. His "scientific method" ended up with the result that both games are on par with each other. In other words, neither is better than the other.
- Yahtzee did add a tie-breaker: Whichever game's design team sent him a picture of the other lead character in women's lingerie would have their game declared better. Both teams sent in a picture, but Yahtzee gave it to inFamous, with a picture by Sucker Punch featuring Alex Mercer in a pink nightie on a unicorn. He reiterated that both games were very good (recommending buying them both, which is astonishing considering his review style)."Thanks to Radical Entertainment and Sucker Punch Productions for being such good sports. You sick, sick fucks."
- He Also Did: Dennis Detwiller, the head writer for the game (but not the comics or sequel), also wrote material for Delta Green; in some regards it almost feels like a Perspective Flip of the Delta Green series; the shady governmental body operating above the law are the antagonists and the horrific abomination is the protagonist. Mercer himself shares some similarities with the Ghouls in Delta Green; from the shapeshifting and relative invulnerability to firearms, to gaining memories from consuming the brains of people.
- What Could Have Been:
- The original [PROTOTYPE] was originally planned to be a sequel to Spider-Man: Web of Shadows where the player would control Venom as he slaughtered and ate his way to a symbiote-infested Spider-Man.
- There was going to be co-op play, but it was dropped.
- Early in the game's development, the official website had some story details that were later removed. For instance, Alex's mother would have been a central character as the CEO of GenTek. Another (heavily censored) document talks about the great influenza epidemic that broke in 1918 in the U.S.; it is hinted that influenza was just a cover story, and the outbreak was something else entirely, possibly a natural outbreak of the original Redlight virus. None of this is mentioned in either game.
- During the game's beta, the main character's name was going to be Alex Trolliver; he rocked a white hoodie and grey vest, and his Claws power only had three fingers and no protruding spikes.
- Various pieces of concept art show that Alex's armored form could've had Xenomorph tail-like tentacles for "hair". Concept art for possible abilities that never made it into the game shows him turning one hand into a group of mouth-tipped tentacles. Another scrapped ability was for Alex to form a spike-shooting Backpack Cannon with up to three "turrets".
- The Wiki Rule: Prototype Wiki.
Trivia / [PROTOTYPE]