- Box Office Bomb: Budget: $75 million. Gross: $46-some million domestically, $68-some million worldwide.
- Coupeville Doubling: Although the film supposedly takes place in a small New England town, most scenes were filmed in Coupeville and Friday Harbor, WA.
- Enforced Method Acting: Sandra Bullock and Nicole Kidman really did get drunk during the scene with the aunts.
- Fake American: The American Gillian Owens is played by the Australian Nicole Kidman.
- Fake Nationality: Goran Vinjić (a Croat) stars as Jimmy Angelov (a Bulgarian).
- Separated-at-Birth Casting: The resemblance between Nicole Kidman as Gillian and Evan Rachel Wood as Kylie (Sally's daughter) is uncanny. And helps drive home the Generation Xerox theme of the film.
- What Could Have Been: The film was originally scored by Michael Nyman of all people, but his rather intense music was thrown out at a very late stage. As in "posters up with his name in the credits and soundtrack albums with two Nyman cuts in stores" late. Alan Silvestri had to rescore the movie in only two weeks, providing a gentler score, and the albums were repressed with two Silvestri cuts (but you can still find copies with the Nyman music. If you dare. One of his two pieces is also on a Nyman compilation album).
Trivia / Practical Magic