- Channel Hop: Warner Bros., who had distributed the first three Pokémon movies outside Japan, dropped the distribution rights after Pokémon 3 underperformed at the box office. Starting with this film, Miramax Films held distribution rights for future Pokemon movies until Pokémon: Destiny Deoxys. Warner Bros. wouldn't distribute another Pokémon movie again until Pokémon Detective Pikachu, which unlike other Pokémon movies is actually co-produced by WB.
- Cowboy BeBop at His Computer: Many summaries call the main villain the descendant of Jessie and James. Nowhere is this implied in the film.
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: 4kids commissioned a few new scenes for their English dub. A Japanese version of this cut does exist, but it was only shown once. All Japanese home releases use the original cut.
- Screwed by the Lawyers: Miramax's continuing hold on Pokemon 4Ever made it one of the four movies The Pokémon Company could not include in I Choose You's English music video of all previous movies, or any of TwitchPresentss Pokemon marathons. Unlike the other Miramax-distributed Pokemon movies, though, 4ever was lucky to be digitally distributed... at least for a limited time.
- What Could Have Been: The movie caused an example to occur within the main series: the GS Ball storyline was meant to conclude with The Reveal that the GS Ball contained Celebi, in turn leading into a multi-episode story arc. When it was decided that Celebi would be featured in this movie, the writers shelved this and the GS Ball storyline went unresolved to this day.
Trivia / Pokémon 4Ever