- Cross-Dressing Voices: In Japanese, Pit is always voiced by Minami Takayama. He was voiced by Lani Minella in English in Brawl before being replaced by the male Antony Del Rio from Uprising onwards.
- Fan Nickname: "Man Icarus" for the unrealized third sequel concepts by Factor 5, in which Pit was to be cursed for thousands of years for a crime and becomes a fallen angel, resembling a typical adult male Western game protagonist.
- No Export for You: The GBA port of the original was released as part of the classics series in Japan, but not anywhere else.
- Sequel Gap: 21 years between Of Myths and Monsters (1991) and Uprising (2012). In the intro to Uprising, Pit even says "Sorry to keep you waiting!" This franchise provides the current page image.
- Short Run in Peru: Of Myths and Monsters was developed in Japan but only released overseas; it would be about 20 years before it was released in Japan on the virtual console. Interestingly, the game has no Japanese title — it's globally known as Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters.
- Troubled Production: December release date and lack of staff during most of production led to extreme challenges for the team and its creator (who in the end wasn't even credited for this game).
- What Could Have Been:
- The original game was meant to be a more serious take on Greek mythology. Yoshio Sakamoto suggested to Tohru Osawa that a more comedic take would help the game stand out.
- A reboot, tentatively titled simply Icarus, was in development at Factor 5, which was supposed to use a modified version of Lair's engine optimized for Wii. However, it was apparently being done without Nintendo's consent as a proof-of-concept (even Yoshio Sakamoto was unaware of it), and the concepts leaked onto the internet were not well received. Eventually, it was cancelled after Lair's failure and Factor 5's bankruptcy.
- Before Uprising and Factor 5's cancelled project, Kid Icarus almost had an entry for the SNES which would have been called Super Kid Icarus. No other information about the game besides a vague announcement by Nintendo exists.
- Aside from Factor 5's attempted reboot, Metroid Prime and Donkey Kong Country Returns/Tropical Freeze developer Retro Studios pitched to make a new installment in the series. With no gameplay prototype to shownote , it didn't pan out.
- The Wiki Rule: Icaruspedia and Divinipedia.
Trivia / Kid Icarus